What is Xenforo's Stability as a Company? Will it be around in the future?

Francisco Meza

I like the Xenforo software and am interested in purchasing it. My main concern is since Xenforo's a new company, it might not grow the subscriber base large enough to stay in business. I am giving my next project 100% of my efforts. Can anyone share something on the stability of Xenforo as a business (not as the stability of the software) to help us prospective buyers?

Wheres your proof?! I run both an Xenforo site and an IPB 3.2 site. Yes, IPB 3.2 seems a little slower, but its certainly not something really noticeable.

All forum software at one stage or another will have bugs, exploits found - The test is how the software developers deal with that issue.
I can not argue with you.
If you want can (and everyone else) to help you move on to xenForo so I am going to give you information and facts to be better, but if you do not want I do not know why are you so interested at all for this forum?

1. xenforo is faster
2.xenforo is better for customization
3.xneforo is more stable and safer
4.xenforo have much more mods (template modifications,addons...), translations ...
5.When you install the default IPB along and Xen, Xen has many more options, much neater, more modern and better view of the function.

If you want can (and everyone else) to help you move on to xenForo so I am going to give you information and facts to be better, but if you do not want I do not know why are you so interested at all for this forum?

1. xenforo is faster
4.xenforo have much more mods (template modifications,addons...), translations ...
5.When you install the default IPB along and Xen, Xen has many more options, much neater, more modern and better view of the function.

Haha, Thank you but once again wheres the proof for all this? You cant go round saying stuff like xenforo is more stable and safer then IPB! Show me eveidence of this.

Regarding mods and templates, I would argue again that IPB probably takes the lead on this, but bear in mind xenforo is just over a year old.

Oh, I have two Xenforo licences which I purchased at launch ;) If you had read the thread you would have seen where ive mentioned many times I run both xenforo and IPB.

Why has the focus changed to IPB vs XF?

I run both too; they both have their pros and cons.

This thread was a question of XF's stability (and somewhat about its suitability) - Fransico has a similar thread going at IPB so we don't need to worry about IPB as he's getting opinions on that side of the fence too.

No need to slate competitors with unfounded opinions though - especially ones that are similarly trying to do the best for their platform just the same as K/M/A are for theirs.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Haha, Thank you but once again wheres the proof for all this? You cant go round saying stuff like xenforo is more stable and safer then IPB! Show me eveidence of this.

Regarding mods and templates, I would argue again that IPB probably takes the lead on this, but bear in mind xenforo is just over a year old.

Oh, I have two Xenforo licences which I purchased at launch ;) If you had read the thread you would have seen where ive mentioned many times I run both xenforo and IPB.

proof for this 5 things ? or IPB exploit ?

Exploit the privacy, not for expansion.
This is the encryption of a board, and I gave during the exploit patched with the license?

proof for this 5 things ? or IPB exploit ?

Exploit the privacy, not for expansion.
This is the encryption of a board, and I gave during the exploit patched with the license?

All 5 and the exploit, however as the two posters above have pointed out, this thread is now going way off topic.

Some people will love Xenforo, Some people will love IPB. Some people will hate Xenforo, Some people will hate IPB. Some will love both, Some will love neither.

I think im quite blessed in that I can see the pros and cons of both pieces of software. I use both and I enjoy using both. I do however dislike it when people discredit another piece of software by making up information and not providing any facts. I pick up on it here and I do the same over at the IPB forum when the talk about Xenforo.

1. xenforo is faster

More options?

I love both IPB and XF but wow, you must have never used IPB because IPB has way more options.

95.23% of the stats are made up on the fly...
I bet you think you are funny. I guess Google just makes up their Analytics huh... wish I knew that before installing it on my site.

If you have an IPB license you will see the posts I've made over there with screen shots of my data and how things have been FAR worse since our move to IPB.

I am laughing with insanity just reading this thread :D

You guys are so concerned with their future...

maybe you should be worried about your own future...(Be on the lookout for that bus)

If it is going to happen, then it will happen...Success or Fail; It is beyond your control...

I see scripts running just fine today that were created well into the 90's....

If your forum is that successful, and they do not make it, then hire a coder
to perform updates, changes, etc...or find another forum...

If you like it, then buy it; otherwise just hang around while the world is coming to an end...

I like it...

I am laughing with insanity just reading this thread :D

You guys are so concerned with their future...

maybe you should be worried about your own future...(Be on the lookout for that bus)

If it is going to happen, then it will happen...Success or Fail; It is beyond your control...

I see scripts running just fine today that were created well into the 90's....

If your forum is that successful, and they do not make it, then hire a coder
to perform updates, changes, etc...or find another forum...

If you like it, then buy it; otherwise just hang around while the world is coming to an end...

I like it...

While I have no doubt that XF will be successful, some of our futures are based on the future on XF. Many forum owners invest thousands of dollars into their site/community, not mention thousand of hours as well. Changing platforms can be a huge process. No one wants to change platforms because of a company's failure, broken promises, being misled, false advertising, etc.

While I have no doubt that XF will be successful, some of our futures are based on the future on XF. Many forum owners invest thousands of dollars into their site/community, not mention thousand of hours as well. Changing platforms can be a huge process. No one wants to change platforms because of a company's failure, broken promises, being misled, false advertising, etc.

I completely understand...

but waiting around for the future to happen will make no progress...

Everyone invests in a stock they think has a future, then the
the next day it is worthless...anyones future is uncertain...

XF may look good now, but who will know what a lawsuit will do...
they can certainly drag on for years, and drain lots of $$$

I guess if you have a forum of 15million posts then you should maybe
stay with the platform you been using for years...and if you have a forum
of huge investments, then maybe you should wait til you are sure...
that would just be common sense...

Everyone knows the deal with XF, what they do not know is the
outcome of the future, so they have to decide for themselves...
and waiting in the shadow of what could turn out to be many years
will do them very little good, and they will make no progress for sure...

but $140 for me would be no big deal...

Top Bottom