XF 2.2 What is the problem with the "user group upgrade" failure?

syqhcc

Hello everyone, this question has been bothering me all day.

Upgrade Registered BB (default user group) to Registered AA

Failure!

Is there something wrong with my settings?

11.webp

22.webp

33.webp

View attachment 266740

I set up to send 1 message to upgrade, but it didn't work.

Make sure you're allowing enough time for the cron job to do it's job, once per hour. You can force it to run for testing through the cron job manager. (admin.php?cron/)

1648892982871.png

The flow should be...

User Joins > Email Confirmed > Valid > Registered Group > Makes First Post, Reaches Goal of 1 Post > Cron Job Runs at XX:20* > User Is Pormoted and added to New Group.

Do not change the default user group of Registered.
The promoted member should have: Registered + Custom Group for people with 1 post.

*XF 2.x - The default User Group Promotion is set to run once per hour at XX:20. You can customize this by changing the cron schedule.

Attachments

• 1648893267978.webp
    1648893267978.webp
    3 KB · Views: 4
The default User Group Promotion is set to run once per hour at XX:20. You can customize this by changing the cron schedule.
Don't do that as it will reset the next time XF is upgraded.

Instead, create a new cron with the same properties setting the time values as required, and disable the default cron.

You have to start this from the default user group registered.

User Joins > Email Confirmed > Valid > Registered Group > Makes First Post, Reaches Goal of 1 Post > Cron Job Runs at XX:20* > User Is Pormoted and added to New Group.
After trying all day yesterday, I found that the problem is in the newly created user group.
I've looked through a lot of information, but I still don't know what the problem is.

Registered ==promotions==> Moderating = Promotion Success
Registered ==promotions==> VIP(new user group) = Promotion Failure

What is the problem, please?
Instead, create a new cron with the same properties setting the time values as required, and disable the default cron.
A new cron has been created.

Top Bottom