XF 2.2 What is the easiest way to change thumbnail quality

ScrapDog

Hello guys,

I wonder what i need to do to get the best quality for my thumbnails in the forum. Where can i make it a 100% instead of 80% ?

Sincerely,

ScrapDog

I'm on a basic shared sever and it's enabled that's why suggest him to check if so.
Once more... I'm pretty sure if it's fully enabled, it's selectable.. if it's grayed out, it's not enabled and that needs to be done (used to 2 PECL's had to be enabled but think now it's only 1 - edit...was thinking of memcached). No need to "check" the PHP info to see if it's enabled.
Was that way as far back as 1.5 version
In addition to enabling the PECL, if one is running on a VPS, one has to also install the actual ImageMagick package.

Last edited:
Once more... I'm pretty sure if it's fully enabled, it's selectable.. if it's grayed out, it's not enabled
Well, FFmpeg function is not enabled on my server and the setting is not grayed in my ACP, so i’m not sure it’s the best way to check if functions are enabled or not in a server. PHP info don’t lie.

Well, FFmpeg function is not enabled on my server and the setting is not grayed in my ACP, so i’m not sure it’s the best way to check if functions are enabled or not in a server. PHP info don’t lie.
FFmpeg is a totally different ball game. It requires the FFMpeg executable to be installed, and the direct path be known to it AND it be able to be called from within the sites environment (some hosts will NOT allow direct access of an executable outside the sites base structure).
And newsflash for you.... FFMpeg is NOT accessed via a PHP PECL that can be read by XF's environment. So yes, PHP Info DOES lie...

For ImageMagick... all you have to do is go to your dashboard page of the ACP and you can see immediately if you have support for ImageMagick.

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 2.27.45 PM.png

No i host it myself, but im not very formilliar with these things.
Are you using a panel for your management? I'm going to assume a VPS.
First thing you have to do is actually install ImageMagic itself.
That will vary on how to install depending on whether you are using a panel that allows you to install base OS packages or if you are simply doing it direct from the command line (I'm going to assume the former by your statement of not being very familiar with "these things").
If you are using a panel, what one?
If you are doing it command line, what OS are you using?

Last edited:
Top Bottom