XF 1.4 What is the difference between "Admin" and "SuperAdmin"

tonnyz

What is the difference between "Admin" and "SuperAdmin" ?

1) Do they just differ on which checkbox permissions checked in ACP (SuperAdmin gets all checked) ?

2) Or is a SuperAdmin simply a title for the id used for initial XF installation with NO other functional / privilege difference with Admins who get all ACP permission checked ?

3) Is the id used for initial XF installation have any unique privilege which any other id will not get forever (can not be gotten even if permitted from ACP, OR no ACP setting can enable this permission for other ids) ?

Not sure I've seen a complete list but I know that only Super Admins can see this page in the ACP Users > Administrators

One needs to be a superadmin to can create regular admins.

Super admins have all admin permissions without being explicitly granted them, and can add, edit & remove administrators.

Some of their pages & actions must also be confirmed with a password.

Liam

Not sure I've seen a complete list but I know that only Super Admins can see this page in the ACP Users > Administrators

One needs to be a superadmin to can create regular admins.

Super admins have all admin permissions without being explicitly granted them, and can add, edit & remove administrators.

Some of their pages & actions must also be confirmed with a password.

Liam

Thanks, is there any other difference aside from the accessibility of some particular pages in ACP and the auto-granted-permission ?

One more question:
Will it bring any bad effect if I revoke the superadmin title from my first user ? (id=1)

It won't have any negative issues, but you MUST make sure you grant the relevant admin permissions before doing so.

If the user is a super admin, then the admin permission check returns true before it checks the actual permission. From what I recall, by default the initial user actually has no admin permissions granted.

Liam

Top Bottom