1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the cost exactly pls?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Flutterby, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Flutterby

Flutterby New Member

Your homepage is unclear about the total cost. From what I can understand therevis a start-up licensing fee of $140 (Canadian?)for the first year. Then it will cost $40/year to renew the license. The installation is $50 and then I have to find server space to rent somewhere for ?
    You also list some other add ons but you're not clear on whether thos add-ons are necessary to have a fully functional forum. Also, when i tried your demo, it did not give me a sense of the powers and features i would have as an administrator ie. banning spammers, accepting members etc.
    I reaaly am impressed by the software i just need a clearer understanding on start-up costs and ongoing costs. Also, is there a way to take donations on the site, from members to cover these costs?

Thank you.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The cost is $140 for the first year.

Thereafter, annual support and updates cost $40.

Installation is an optional service.

Hosting and domain are separate.

Our help manual details the features, including spam management, banning and account upgrades: http://xenforo.com/help/manual/
  3. Flutterby

Flutterby New Member

Ok so when you say hosting is " separate", does this mean that you offer that for an additional cost or that consumers have to find hosting elsewhere on their own.?
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No, you have to find your own host.
  5. Adorer

Adorer New Member

What exactly is meant by annual support? What kind of support is provided? Is the $40 dollars mandatory?
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No, but you'll want to renew your license if you want to stay up-to-date, if I recall.
  7. Adorer

Adorer New Member

How about the support, what kind of support is provided?

How about if you skip a year of updates, will you have to pay $80 the following year for the updates?
  8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Check out the links in @Brogan's signature. They'll help.
  9. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Ticket support and community forum support are included.

No, you won't need to pay $80, as you can still use your license while it is expired, and paying that $40 can be done at any time which will allow you to download the most up to date version and use the ticket support.
    whynot likes this.