What is the best chair you encountered for long computer sessions?

Alpha1

My day often consists out of long computer sessions. Many here will probably have the same.
I have been looking around but have not found an optimal chair. Maybe I need one of those massage chairs haha.
But seriously now: Does any of you have, or have encountered a chair that you are really happy with and that accommodates really long computer sessions?

F67536CE-4C5B-4304-9437-342F8607F9B0.webp

My day often consists out of long computer sessions. Many here will probably have the same.
I have been looking around but have not found an optimal chair. Maybe I need one of those massage chairs haha.
But seriously now: Does any of you have, or have encountered a chair that you are really happy with and that accommodates really long computer sessions?

If you want to invest in something that will last you the rest of time, then buy a Herman Miller. Aeron or Embody are 2 of the most popular and the Embody was the best chair I ever had until I lent it to a family member who needed some proper posture support following an operation.

In the meanwhile, rocking a noblechairs epic, and its quite firm, but have no issue sitting down for long periods in it. But by no means is it close to the HM in comfort.

The one that i am using now is awesome and does the job.
It's a bit like one of those uni student chairs you see in the IT section of the university.

If you want to invest in something that will last you the rest of time, then buy a Herman Miller. Aeron or Embody are 2 of the most popular and the Embody was the best chair I ever had until I lent it to a family member who needed some proper posture support following an operation.

In the meanwhile, rocking a noblechairs epic, and its quite firm, but have no issue sitting down for long periods in it. But by no means is it close to the HM in comfort.
I have a Mirra and it looks like news after 4 years of using it. It built like a tank.

I think it's more important to have the screen elevated up at a good eye level. This automatically improves your posture, compared to the hunching effect of using a laptop, which in turn makes it seem like your sitting is more comfortable.

Works nicely for me at home and at work. And not too expensive.
I have been happy with a TopStar secretary chair (similar to the Support SY) or a long time, but after the above comments I think I will try a Herman Miller now. For expensive chairs they generally let you try one for some weeks.
I tried a HumanScale Freedom chair for some weeks, but didn't feel better than a TopStar, and it was more expensive than a Herman Miller so I cancelled it.

Top Bottom