What is Cloudflare ? How does it help webmasters ?

It depends (just pushed a number if fixes & the difficult thing is that Rocket Loader may impact with JS on different sites differently). If you turn it on & still see an issue, then most certainly turn it off and report the Rocket Loader bug.

If Rocket Loader is only breaking a script, but fine on the others, then you could also set a script tag to exclude Rocket Loader for that script.

I asked about the back end because users should generally exclude the url from CloudFlare (see more issues with beta features breaking things like admin sections than anything).

I still have problem being able to see the "upload" button for attachments with Rocket Loader enabled. Also, my "preview" button on replies doesn't work either, but is visible.

Thanks Damon, yes, I have Rocket Loader turned off for all my XenForo installations. You had asked if anybody had tried it since some changes were pushed to it. And I was reporting that I had tried it, but there were still problems with it.

Hey Damon,

Do you know any way of preventing this?

http://cl.ly/FBqs/Screen Shot 2012-03-20 at 11.25.50 PM.png

It mainly occurs when the chat is loading in new messages. I presume that the client could not connect to the server, therefore this error pops up (with the CloudFlare page embedded).

Without CloudFlare, it'd simply say "Could not connect to server", and you'd click out of it and wait for the next reload. But when CloudFlare, it breaks the entire page, and you must reload.

Hey Damon,

Do you know any way of preventing this?

http://cl.ly/FBqs/Screen Shot 2012-03-20 at 11.25.50 PM.png

It mainly occurs when the chat is loading in new messages. I presume that the client could not connect to the server, therefore this error pops up (with the CloudFlare page embedded).

Without CloudFlare, it'd simply say "Could not connect to server", and you'd click out of it and wait for the next reload. But when CloudFlare, it breaks the entire page, and you must reload.

Hi,

This sounds like a server issue & one other issue. Is this only happening on chat? Is the chat on a subdomain? If not, can you move it to one? I do know that some IRC options might break if we're proxying it & it is creating a long request (creates a timeout).

Are you working on a fix for rocket loader on xenforo? I have made 2 reports and the problem is that it breaks all the javascripts on the board except the homepage, which on I am currently using Xenporta. It would be so nice if you got it working for xenforo because it speeds up everything a lot!

I assume you already reported the bugs here? Rocket Loader bugs can be tricky to resolve & we push fixes all the time.

Yes I have reported the bugs. It seems to work with internet explorer in manual mode, but not in chrome or firefox at all.

One question would it be possible to use rocket loader on the front page only? Like if I turn it off completely but make a page rule for the frontpage only?

Yes I have reported the bugs. It seems to work with internet explorer in manual mode, but not in chrome or firefox at all.

One question would it be possible to use rocket loader on the front page only? Like if I turn it off completely but make a page rule for the frontpage only?

I'm not sure that PageRules would entirely do that (first time I've been asked about that kind of use). Let me check it out with our PageRules engineer.

Not possible, unfortunately (perhaps in the future). The main thing with PageRules was to allow people to turn features off for certain urls...but not in the reverse option of activating only on one url (activating on the homepage only would actually be much more complicated to implement).

Top Bottom