1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What info do you all have on the "home tab"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fredrikse, Apr 1, 2012.

1. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Hi,

I'm about to do the final touches on my new Xenforo forum which I have worked on for the past months. The thing I have left to do is the "home tab". It would be nice to hear what you all have used this tab for.

Bring it on! :)

2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

As a tab to go to the home directory

3. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

What is home directory in your case?

4. Vincent

At one site it's a XenForo Page that's custom created.
    At another site it's Jaxel's XenPorta

But it can also be another install, e.g. Wordpress or Joomla or...

5. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Alright. Thanks for the input. If I for the time being would like to disable the home tab, would it be possible to do that?

6. Vincent

Of course, you just don't fill in a link in the Home tab link option and it doesn't show :)

7. Floris

Floris Guest

sublinks:
    A welcome to this site (like an about page, mission statement)
    An introduction to the team (including townhall videos from the community with the staff)
    Legal mambo jumbo (and a request for users to offer suggestions via inline comments that only staff can read)
    Community Extras (such as account upgrades, community involvement, change username requests, etc, and *point your personal domain to your social profile request*, and bunch of things like 'exchange like points for product freebies'.)
    And the Help tab has been moved to a sub-link, provoking users to learn how to use the navigation menu, and find out about the extras and the site; in an attempt to get them feel more involved.