What I dont understand is......

Marc

..... how it can be there there are peices of software about, some of which I am using that have things in it (all of them alike) that are real annoyances. And yet xenforo seem to have managed to get it right.

Just for example and an extreme annoyance of mine when using a forum. I have just uploaded an image that it pretty huge, and yet it covers exactly the width of the page content.

And again, Ive just uploaded an image and I can choose not to show it as a bloody thumbnail because its something I want people to see at a glance.

Ya know to start with I thought it was just that you guys had started from scratch and therefore have the knowledge to avoid the annoyances that others simply dont seem to be able to work out of their products, and then I thought of invision which was rewritten, and vbulletin 4 that was completely re............oh .... scratch that one :D

Understood. I for one want these same things, and I am hopeful that the developers will develop them. I can see there are developers that cannot wait to get they're hands on xenforo once it goes gold to start putting out some of these apps. The Gallery in my estimation would be a top priority to code for a coder (mod) or a complete system
by a company. I might be willing to pay for a gallery if it were available depending on costs. Subscriptions if I am correct can be used now in xenforo at current I stand to be corrected on this if they are not. Keeping track of your subscriptions can be frustrating but can be handled very simple. What I ususally do is keep a notepad in a folder for subscriptions, keep up with date and time user subscribed, how much they paid, what subscription they paid for when it expired etc. Also Microsoft Exel is good for keeping a database. Maybe we could let developers know that we want the system to keep logs for us that we can save or print out for this feature. I know the system will keep up with the subscriptions per say and send an email out to the customer when its time to renew, or you have the choice of auto subscribe, at least VB, and not sure why this could not be implemented in Xenforo once It goes gold if it is not already available. A chat room has been discussed before. Those are easy. There are many chat room programs that can be used with Xenforo either in mod form or just a simple integration into your site. Same thing about the arcade.
There is one supposedly in the works. You may have not have seen my cheesy arcade yet? Its in the "off topic forums" so that is something that me and others are working on. Calender? Patience grasshopper. Many are wanting that one too.

With regards to subscriptions, are you aware of the User Upgrades feature?

Listing the Active User Upgrades will show all members who have purchased one, the upgrade in question and when it expires.
If they have purchased an annual upgrade then it will automatically renew.

Top Bottom