1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I still dont understand how or what to upload for theme

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by beabillionaire, Nov 6, 2012.

1. beabillionaire

beabillionaire New Member

The manual did not help me nor did a search on how to install a theme. People just kept saying 'upload the files.' Where do I upload the files, what folder??
    and how do I install it? Brand new to this.. With wordpress, you just upload a zip and then bam its done... i guess it can't be that easy here.

But what do I upload and where.

2. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

Xenforo themes will come with a style.xml install file. Use the following theme as a reference: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/minecraft-free-theme.993/

Instructions:
    1. Download the zip archive - unpack it.
    2. Upload the "mineforo" folder to your forum root styles/ directory.
    3. Import the .xml file via your AdminCP ==> Appearance ==> Import a Style ==> select the style-Minecraft.xml ==> click the Import button.
    4. Done!

HTH ;)

J.

3. beabillionaire

beabillionaire New Member

Okay, I see now. The files were weird because it was 1 folder but i realized it was seperated into style and js, so I had to upload to 2 locations. I will slowly learn this thing!
    thanks again

MsJacquiiC likes this.
  4. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

If using an FTP client like filezilla, you can just select both of those folders and upload them to your forum root. They will merge with the existing folders. Easy and one step.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

You're welcome! Glad to help and welcome to the community ==> Enjoy your Xenforo install! ;)

J.