What happened to Arvixe? Need new host asap.

Dixie McCall

Hey Guys,
So I've been with Arvixe for a long time and now it's more than time to move for many reasons-they have gotten pretty bad over the last year and I just checked my cpanel and out of no where there is an FTP account from India. Sweet. By the way the IP address for the phantom FTP account is 115.118.128.202-just in case you need to block it. :)

Would like a U.S. or U.K. based hosting company with good tech support and a good back end. I have 4 current hosting needs and about 20 domain transfers. The projects we are working on are ok on a shared but will eventually need to be upgrades if business plan is correct.

P.S. With the exception of Themehouse's hosting service which I'm considering, I will not go with another xenforo member hosting offer. Sorry been there, done that it is was awful-you know who you are. :mad:

Give me your suggestions when you can :) Thanks

Finn

Would like a U.S. or U.K. based hosting company with good tech support and a good back end. I have 4 current hosting needs and about 20 domain transfers. The projects we are working on are ok on a shared but will eventually need to be upgrades if business plan is correct.

Hey Finn, I also had a client used Arvixe VPS hosting in the past and used their service for 1.5 years in the past but left their service because it was very low and problems. Even when we didn't use their hosting any more then after 1 year they still had not deleted/suspended hosting and we still could access the server later. So you should move to another hosting service if possible.

P.S. With the exception of Themehouse's hosting service which I'm considering, I will not go with another xenforo member hosting offer. Sorry been there, done that it is was awful-you know who you are.
Give me your suggestions when you can :) Thanks

In this VPS hosting offers, there are many good VPS companies that fit your requirements, I would like to suggest you some as SenseiSteve, HostColor, Radwebhosting, HyperVMart, RDO Servers. You should contact them to check support before purchasing and I see they are having good prices and features.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Thank you Webmastersun..... I appreciate the link and list. Are any of those that you listed affiliated/owned/managed by a forum member here?

Thank you Webmastersun..... I appreciate the link and list. Are any of those that you listed affiliated/owned/managed by a forum member here?
You are welcome Finn.
No they are not members here because they don't have a Xenforo forum or just a web hosting provider.
Or if they did, then I don't know their accounts on this forum.

Liquid Web is a great hosting provider. I've been having good success with them and they fully manage ALL their servers. I had shared and semi-dedicated hosting with other companies for years before moving to dedicated hosting. I couldn't be happier with Liquid Web. They answer chat and phone calls immediately. :-)

https://www.liquidweb.com

I recently moved to a HawkHost Reseller acount and couldn't be happier (7 sites currently).

I had three sites with Arvixe when there were purchased by EIG a few years ago. They went from stellar to the worst hosting experience I have ever had. The sites were down for 2 weeks :mad:

Thank you Rapture.. I will keep them in mind when my community needs the space. Their website though, wow needs some work. :) I like that fact that you can still reach them by phone as well. Thank you again for your much appreciated input.

Finn

Liquid Web is a great hosting provider. I've been having good success with them and they fully manage ALL their servers. I had shared and semi-dedicated hosting with other companies for years before moving to dedicated hosting. I couldn't be happier with Liquid Web. They answer chat and phone calls immediately. :)

https://www.liquidweb.com

Thank you for your input wrkalot. Arvixe has gotten even worse and now I'm in the mess of transferring everything out. It's like talking to a wall most of the time. I will check out Hawkhost. I will have about 10 sites live next year so need to get this all straightened out. Thank you again!

I recently moved to a HawkHost Reseller acount and couldn't be happier (7 sites currently).

I had three sites with Arvixe when there were purchased by EIG a few years ago. They went from stellar to the worst hosting experience I have ever had. The sites were down for 2 weeks :mad:

I can also attest to HawkHost. Just a regular shared account but they offer Memcached and Redis (as a socket so it’s setup a little different) for free even with their shared accounts. They are worth looking into. Been using them a few months and been very happy with them. They even offer SSH access to shared customers in which I was able to install Composer most hosting companies don’t allow that. Especially for shared customers.

I can also attest to HawkHost. Just a regular shared account but they offer Memcached and Redis (as a socket so it’s setup a little different) for free even with their shared accounts. They are worth looking into. Been using them a few months and been very happy with them. They even offer SSH access to shared customers in which I was able to install Composer most hosting companies don’t allow that. Especially for shared customers.

+1 for HawkHost. I've been using them for years and they're great.

Hey All,
So I switched to HawkHost and so far VERY happy. This is perhaps the faster servers I've ever been with. No problems with anything so far. Knock on wood.

I’m on their lower semi dedicated plan and I love it. Been with them for awhile myself and have had no issues with them.

I use Hawk Host myself and my website loads lighting fast and I have had 0 problems with their service.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ever need another damn good host, Digital Ocean is great. They ran a deal in November that I'm not sure is still active or not but when you sign up for new service you get an offer to complete and receive credit on your account that will be used toward your monthly hosting fee. I've been with them for 4 years with different sites and they have been the best to me. I'm about to add another server to my account for a photography site I will be working on during breaks from my main site.

Top Bottom