What do you do to stay fit?

3dsoft

Within the last 11 years I have worked at least around 10 hours a day in front of the computer, which is by its nature extremely unhealthy for the human organism.

Now my question, what do you do to stay healthy?

Well , I have went from being Super Super Fit to bone idle these past few years or so..

I used to play football ( soccer ) 3 times every weekend , train on a Tuesday & Thursday.
I also did full contact karate twice a week , do a bit skydiving , mountain climbing , fell walking.
In fact tried most sports that gave me a buzz.

Now I do diddly sqwat , I get out of breath even having a kick about with the grandson in the garden.
Only way I would injure myself now is if I fell of my computer chair...

One of my wifes favourite sayings is...
" When I met him he was my muscle bound all action hero with a 6 pack to die for "
" Lok at him now... He is just a fat tw*t.."

Cheeky swine... LOL

Within the last 11 years I have worked at least around 10 hours a day in front of the computer, which is by its nature extremely unhealthy for the human organism.
Looks like you've been fed some lecturing family members telling you that "you need a healthy workout!" of some kind.

I'm not saying don't listen to them; but you need to understand that you have been 'working out' - Your brain absorbs all the information that you've gathered from the many years of computer use. This will do you a lot of good especially if you're working for a company or a major corporation.

There's actually a lot of companies looking for you.

I now get virtually all my computer work done and dusted by mid-morning. (I'm a really early bird) Then I spend most of the rest of my days walking.
I used to walk the fells, but now in Cornwall I have a few beautiful moors to attend to :)
Through the summer months I spend loads of time in our grounds (quite a few acres) strimming, cutting, trimming and keeping it all tidy.
Every little helps.

My fingers are nice 'n' slim, if not the rest of me.
biggrin.gif

I jog daily, go to the gym on a regular basis and enjoy other activities to keep my body in shape when time permits.

An hour a day with a personal trainer. I hate the guy - I mean I hate him with a red-hot burning passion because he kicks my ass. I hate him because he's effective, so I wouldn't trade him for the world.

15 min warm up, 30 min cardio cooldown and 60 minutes with a sadistic trainer from hell - the most effective hour and 45 minutes of the day.

Regardless of what the weather is doing I spend at least three hours a day at the pub ... it's an exacting regime but without the hard yards you are not going to be able to hold your own at an Aussie BBQ.

I used to go horse-riding at least once a week and took Kung Fu classes a couple of times a week, but last year my uni workload was so intense I didn't have time to do those, so haven't been since then. Once I'm feeling better (been ill for a few months with something) then I'll get back into it cos my PhD workload isn't anywhere near as heavy as my masters. Other than those, I do housework and the obligatory workout you get from having dogs ;)

Top Bottom