1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do for member of the month awards?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by petertdavis, Jul 7, 2013.

1. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

Howdy! Some of the forums that I've recently converted to XF do a "Member of the Month" thing. Since we've just converted and everything is new and fresh, I was looking around for ideas and thought I'd ask to see what others are doing? Plugins? Added features? Awards? Trophies? Please show me some examples!
    Thanks!

PS: Mods, sorry if this is the wrong section, wasn't sure if this was the right place to post but couldn't find a better one.

wickedstangs likes this.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I don't do a member of the month, but you can manually award them a trophy w/ some points. :)

3. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

That would be pretty cool... I am trying to do one on my site but, with no success:)

4. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

5. Flexin

Flexin Active Member

I use user rank ribbons on my forum. I have a banner/ribbon for the top three for the month using the Top User add on. I also use BD Banking and give 200 points for 1st, 100 for 2nd and 50 for 3rd. They keep the banner for the month and I have a thread for it in my contest section.

I also use that for bigger contests. For that they get a banner. In February I had a member win a contest for posting events in the event calender (XenAtendo). He gets a "February Winner" banner for a year.

James