XF 2.2 What do greyed out members mean?

Alvin63

Quick question. In ACP under "list users" I have a couple of users showing who I didn't know existed. Their names are greyed out though and you can't click on them. Would this be somebody who subscribed and then unsubscribed? I am not sure how they could do that without me knowing. Or is it people who've tried to join and been blocked by a spam filter or something?

Edit: Actually I can click on them and their user state is showing as rejected so assume they were rejected after the spam filter flagged them. I am not aware of having any members try to sign up I needed to manually reject though.

Edit 2: One says rejected. the other says "awaiting email confirmation". Presumably they just didn't confirm their email after signing up.

Quick question. In ACP under "list users" I have a couple of users showing who I didn't know existed. Their names are greyed out though and you can't click on them. Would this be somebody who subscribed and then unsubscribed? I am not sure how they could do that without me knowing. Or is it people who've tried to join and been blocked by a spam filter or something?
If you have automatic rejections set in the spam filter, they show as rejected users in ACP, same as users you manually reject. So that's probably what you are seeing.

I need to check that setting then. I have another forum and never had this before. Anything flagged as spam on that one comes up for manual approval.

Ok I am still confused about this. I have another member whose username is greyed out. They are active on the forum (not much). The only thing I can see in their admin settings is under privacy they have selected "nobody" to everything. Could that be it?

This member is reading threads but never posts. Edit - they did reply to one post. So just confused as to why their username is greyed out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom