What did Mike do to stop the spam? (and can we have it too)

CTXMedia

Can we get a update to include Mike's anti-spam tweak?

It seems to have worked well here so would be good for XFs customer's boards ... hint, hint. :D

Cheers,
Shaun :D

It seems to have worked well here so would be good for XFs customer's boards ... hint, hint. :D

Cheers,
Shaun :D

There must be million mikes in the world. Could you possibly include his surname?

Reactions: HWS
It looks like he just added a Q&A, unless that isn't new. I've not looked at the registration page in ages.
verify.webp

I believe Mike banned 2 additional IP which the moderators asked for.

Thought I would be slightly proactive, so I have been nuking spammer accounts as they show up on the 'Who's online' block on the front page. It could be that other moderators are doing that as well, not sure.

I believe the staff and developers are doing a good job. They're doing everything they can, when they can, and when allowed. :)

It looks like he just added a Q&A, unless that isn't new. I've not looked at the registration page in ages.

After eating six of my fifteen grapes,how many do I have left?
Looking at it with the bot's eyes I can see two numbers: six and fifteen.
I cannot figure out what to do with them but I can guess:
15+6=21
or
15-6=9

One of my guesses is correct,I can post.
After eating six of my fif teen grapes,how many do I have left?
Is it readable for a human because of a little spelling error?
Yes,it is, a human can answer easily.

What can a bot see? six
What to do with it?

A simple question and answer solution is really no solution at all. You need something that is hard for spam bots and yet easy on everyone. And math questions no matter if written out in English mathematical problems or numeral values can be easy for a spam bot to pass through

A simple question and answer solution is really no solution at all. You need something that is hard for spam bots and yet easy on everyone. And math questions no matter if written out in English mathematical problems or numeral values can be easy for a spam bot to pass through
Well, you can use other forms of captcha... a couple of them are available in the resource section. I know not all of them are foolproof but something is better than nothing ;)

Top Bottom