• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What cellphone would you recommend me? ($100-200)

Vincent

Well, the title says it all.

I'm bored of my old cellphone and need a new one.
It's been almost 2 years so I'm close to a new cellphone.

Everything is good, but NO SAMSUNG!

Ati

HTC works really well for me. Their Desire model is a little over the given price range, but you might be able to get it cheaper at some service providers.

F

Floris

I hate to recommend people a phone, but if I wouldn't go with the iPhone4 today (which I wouldn't buy knowing iPhone5 is now around the corner) I would consider the HTC Desire HD, but I am not an Android fan at the moment.

I spend the extra $100 and went with the iPhone4, and I am not regretting it. I know others have a different experience or opinion. But you asked for mine :)

I don't know of quality smartphones for around $150.

Peggy

There's one ^ in every crowd. :rolleyes:

I recommend the iPhone. I love mine, and will be upgrading to 4 when my contract renews.
I tried an android phone (htc) and the battery life sucked bad.

iPhone FTW!

Luke F

ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco if you can get it - with a custom ROM (such as Japanese Jellyfish) it turns into a great little Android phone, much better than any phone in the same price range, especially in terms of the display.

For around a quarter of the price it can do 75% of the stuff I do on my Samsung Galaxy S.

Vincent

I hate to recommend people a phone, but if I wouldn't go with the iPhone4 today (which I wouldn't buy knowing iPhone5 is now around the corner) I would consider the HTC Desire HD, but I am not an Android fan at the moment.

I spend the extra $100 and went with the iPhone4, and I am not regretting it. I know others have a different experience or opinion. But you asked for mine :)

I don't know of quality smartphones for around $150.
There's one ^ in every crowd. :rolleyes:

I recommend the iPhone. I love mine, and will be upgrading to 4 when my contract renews.
I tried an android phone (htc) and the battery life sucked bad.

iPhone FTW!
The iPhone 4 16GB costs (hold on) 630€, which is 865,75$
That's like 650$ too much :(

Lucas

I see you're from Belgium. It's kinda hard to help you out there when we don't really know the prices or the plans that your carriers offer. Hehe

AnthonyCea

This all depends on where you live and what carriers serve the area, what your needs are and so on, some people only want a cell phone to make phone calls, others need the full multi-media experience, I really don't need to watch movies on my phone or surf the net that much, so I can use an old outdated phone one could purchase on ebay for 5 dollars.

Many of the Rednecks here in the construction business use the Nextel walkie-talkie feature more than anything else, they don't do the texting deal, just phone calls and walkie.

ArnyVee

Here in the States there is an offer for $199.99 at Best Buy stores for the 16GB iPhone4

I'll be purchasing one soon for my wife as the family loves mine :)

AnthonyCea

Vincent, you don't buy a stove and get free food thrown in for a year, so you do have to buy a data plan of some sort, at least that is what has always happened to me.

I have seen deals where they would give you a free phone with a plan though !

Vincent

Vincent, you don't buy a stove and get free food thrown in for a year, so you do have to buy a data plan of some sort, at least that is what has always happened to me.

I have seen deals where they would give you a free phone with a plan though !
I already got a great plan mate, I don't want to lose it.
I'm just searching for a phone and if I'd have to cancel this contract it can cost me a second blackberry ;)