What are your User Group Permissions?

wickedstangs

Since I move from vb to Xenforo, I still have my old user group names and not sure how to delete them and move people around? What default do you have for Registered users?

These were my user groups

1. Administrative
  2. Banned Members
  3. Board Members
  4. Donator
  5. Gold Supporter
  6. Moderating
  7. NEWS
  8. Platinum Supporter
  9. Registered
  10. Silver Supporter
  11. Super Moderators
  12. Unregistered / Unconfirmed
  13. Vendor

I don't have any custom permissions because its confusing as it is right now.

I want to make a specific FORUM be exclusive to a Staff Group, but when I edited the forum's privacy, I ended up messing up the permission for the entire fleet of usergroups. Cue the face palm. I like the vbulletin settings better.

Having lots of forums and usergroups to control permissions, is nothing short of a nightmare, at least on Vbulletin.
I wish there was another way/method to control access.

I'm not looking forward to fixing all the permissions that didn't transfer correctly. I finally do understand the concept of the XenForo permissions system after much trial and error and studying...also thanks to Jake's thread. However, that doesn't really make it any better when I have to fix everything that messed up from the vBulletin transfer. It must be a real nightmare for people who have 20+ usergroups.

Question about my user groups.
  1. Administrative - 2
  2. Banned Members - 0
  3. Board Members - No users matched the specified criteria
  4. Donator - 1647
  5. Gold Supporter - 1
  6. Moderating - 4
  7. NEWS - No users matched the specified criteria
  8. Platinum Supporter - No users matched the specified criteria
  9. Registered - 131
  10. Silver Supporter - 6
  11. Super Moderators - 8
  12. Unregistered / Unconfirmed
  13. Vendor - 5
1. If I delete a usergroup do the members get put in a different user group or do I have to manually change everyone?
2. Lets say I delete Silver Supporters where do those 6 members go?
3. If I count up all my users it shows 1804 my board statistic show 1791 how can I fix that?

1. & 2. If the deleted user group only has 'additional users', and not primary users, then they simply loose that user groups special permissions. If the deleted usergroup has primary users, would you want to take the chance of where they go?

3. If you get the remaining 13 people to confirm their email registration (assuming you have that enabled) they will show up as valid users... or possibly they may be in the banned group, not sure about that.

Top Bottom