What are your statistics, and how do you increase them?

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I keep on forgetting that xF has statistics support in the tools menu...

What do yours say?

Mine:

Daily:

upload_2013-10-8_18-35-35.webp

Weekly:

upload_2013-10-8_18-36-3.webp

Monthly:

upload_2013-10-8_18-36-21.webp

Your site seems to be peaking ....sooooo, what's the problem?

It's a one off. Come this time next month, those lines will be back down the bottom...

Bearing in mind most people register when a new update is released so they can download the attachment with the APK.

We've got busier over the last 12 months.

stats.webp

We had a big lull during 2011 - 2012, but since changing from phpBB3 to XenForo, it's been on the increase. We used to average 100 - 150 posts per day, and this dropped down to 40-50. We are now back upto that level of posting again. It's also helped with our online shop, as more people are aware that we exist, and can now access the products we sell. We'll have been online 8 years this coming January.

ub9t.jpg

Sports forum where the season starts in March - Begining of October. Strong focus on quality vrs quantity of posts. We forbid 'low quality posts' such as "haha i agree", "lol thats funny" or other similiar one line references hence the high post likes per posts average compared to other sites.

ub9t.jpg

Sports forum where the season starts in March - Begining of October. Strong focus on quality vrs quantity of posts. We forbid 'low quality posts' such as "haha i agree",
"lol thats funny" or other similiar one line references hence the high post likes per posts average compared to other sites.

How do you do that? Are you warning them for posts like that? Do you delete them.

For me u can't see me doing something like that but I am thinking of using the add on to have shirt posts not count towards the post count.

James

How do you do that? Are you warning them for posts like that? Do you delete them.

For me u can't see me doing something like that but I am thinking of using the add on to have shirt posts not count towards the post count.

James
We began the forum in May 2012, so initially there were lots of 'friendly messages' to posters who fell away from what we wanted. Basically we follow the rule "Is the post adding to the discussion?". Note that we only really follow this principal in our main forums, ie discussion around the sports team etc. We have social areas like 'Funny Pic Threads' etc where people can go loose. Another thing we did was create a read only forum section where people could see threads we were deleting (we moved offending posts to that section) and we called the section "retardoland", later changed to "the bog" after someone complained about the use of the word retard in there.

Over the past year the culture has changed dramatically.
- Users are more likely to self moderate their posts as they realise after posting that it doesnt fit in with what we are trying to achieve.
- Our visitors/lurkers are happy as they dont have to wade through pages of junk to read actual information.
- Our users are impressed at the quality of the information that is posted
- Our mods hardly ever have to moderate posts. Most of the time it is changing thread titles or having a quick conversation to new registrants about their posting behaviour.
- It removes the circle jerks of long time posters, and everyone is treated the same.

I believe you need to have fun, but some sections should have standards. Once you set the culture, implement it well, you will see great rewards. Our users came from 2 previous forums, one owned and run by Vodafone(New Zealand) who could not handle moderating the crap that would get posted into that forum, so they killed the forum and tried to move it to their facebook page.

James

What, the one I updated and re-released?

It feels strange having people talk about using addons I've coded ;)

I still can't believe my addons are actually used!

Now, back on topic ;)

Some interesting stats... I wonder what the stats for this forum are :P

What, the one I updated and re-released?

It feels strange having people talk about using addons I've coded ;)

I still can't believe my addons are actually used!

Now, back on topic ;)

Some interesting stats... I wonder what the stats for this forum are :p

That should say short not shirt. I was at work and didn't notice that it auto corrected me. Yes your add on
No Increase in User Post Count 2.0

I haven't installed it yet but I'm really thinking about trying it out.

James

My forum have in the past better times :D

View attachment 59723
Did you migrate to xenforo around march/april judging by that screenshot? Looks to cooincide with a drop in messages around the same time?

Would be interested to hear how your forum grew so rapidly in the early stages. You seemed to shoot past 50000 mesgs a month very early. Was this a new forum? Did more members join up after closure of competitor sites?

Top Bottom