What are the server requirements needed to make this forum run fast?

xffutureuser

Hello,

As I am moving from crappy vB5 to XenForo I also want to change the hosting company. Because their servers are very slow. And also the vB5 is very slow, so a deadly combination.

What are the server requirements needed to make this forum run fast?

I mean how much CPU do I need, how much RUM, bandwidth or what else is necessary to be sure that XF will run fast?

Or is there any recommended VPS hosting company?

Please let me know, thanks.

That's your opinion but I don't want to argue. So okay
It's based on personal experience followed by research. It's not just opinion, if so it is shared by most all of the up-verify type sites. The down time isn't for extended periods, and you might not personally notice it, but it's there. ESPECIALLY since the free version got popular.

Bottom line, small forums do not need CF. It's not even worth suggesting.

It's based on personal experience followed by research. It's not just opinion, if so it is shared by most all of the up-verify type sites. The down time isn't for extended periods, and you might not personally notice it, but it's there. ESPECIALLY since the free version got popular.

Bottom line, small forums do not need CF. It's not even worth suggesting.

I agree that a small forum wouldn't have much use for cloudflare just wanted to suggest it as it adds an extra layer of protection and even small forums could benefit from that protection layer. Personally I've never even considered running a site without Cloudflare and never would. Would feel as if my website was vulnerable. A lot of people also use a paid CDN called sucurri. I don't know if that's any better but it's another idea. Anyways doesn't really matter because tons of sites use cloudflare so it seems out of reach to suggest all the "up-verify" sites agree with you. Some may but years ago when I first started searching for web hosts every single one I used had cloudflare pre-installed in the control panel so to degrade the CDN as if it's not well known is mis-information. If you don't like cloudflare then that's fantastic but it's one of the most well known free CDNs out there so I can't just agree with you

I agree that a small forum wouldn't have much use for cloudflare just wanted to suggest it as it adds an extra layer of protection and even small forums could benefit from that protection layer. Personally I've never even considered running a site without Cloudflare and never would. Would feel as if my website was vulnerable. A lot of people also use a paid CDN called sucurri. I don't know if that's any better but it's another idea. Anyways doesn't really matter because tons of sites use cloudflare so it seems out of reach to suggest all the "up-verify" sites agree with you. Some may but years ago when I first started searching for web hosts every single one I used had cloudflare pre-installed in the control panel so to degrade the CDN as if it's not well known is mis-information. If you don't like cloudflare then that's fantastic but it's one of the most well known free CDNs out there so I can't just agree with you
And yet, you didn't want to argue.;)

There's NO telling a CF lover it sucks. They get all offended. Look, I didn't mind at all the first post you made about it, but then you kept going, pushing it. So, I replied. The OP doesn't need it. If you’re hosting with a really bad host with toasters as servers (and severely overloaded at that), then you might benefit speed-wise from CloudFlare. However, you should really be looking for a new web host instead of a cheap band aid!

If you’re with an excellent host who utilizes a reliable network and knows how to manage their servers well, then I think you’d be just fine without CloudFlare and its assorted problems, which are many.

1. Cloudflare is listed on Spamhaus for providing spam support services.
  2. Cloudflare as a matter of policy relays the names and email addresses of persons complaining about hate sites to the sites in question, which has led to the complainants being harassed.
  3. Cloudflare was ranked in the 7th rank among the top 50 Bad Hosts by HostExploit.
  4. An October 2015 report found that Cloudflare provisioned 40% of SSL certificates used by phishing sites with deceptive domain names resembling those of banks and payment processors.
  5. From September 2016 until February 2017, a major Cloudflare bug (nicknamed Cloudbleed) leaked sensitive data—including passwords and authentication tokens from customer websites, by sending extra data in response to web requests.
And there's many more, in addition to the issues I described, which are well documented throughout the web. It's not "mis-information."

Top Bottom