What are some good VPS hosts that are cheap that can run XenForo?

Hi there, I'm not the greatest when it comes to requirements, and all that. But I'm just wondering if you know of any cheap VPS hosting websites that can run XenForo, and has cPanel and all the requirements that XenForo needs? I'm also looking for unlimited bandwidth if it's possible. Thanks!

I'm also looking for unlimited bandwidth if it's possible
Unlimited bandwidth, cPanel and cheap do not go hand in hand. Most "cheap" VPS accounts will have limits on their bandwidth allotment per month... and cPanel will easily add $15-20 to the monthly fee typically.
For simple web service (using PHP, MySQL, etc), then using @eva2000's CentMin Mod and CentOS is the easy solution.
As for VPS providers - I've always had good luck with RamNode and they will be who I go back with if I bring any of my forums back online.

CentOS 7 on Linode with Centmin Mod.

Be careful if you use their backups though, you get 1 daily, 1 weekly and 1 monthly backup and if your weekly backup runs on Sunday and something breaks Saturday night right before it runs you're stuck with reverting to the monthly backup because your previous daily and weekly backups would have both been overwritten so definitely don't rely on them :)

CentOS 7 on Linode with Centmin Mod.

Be careful if you use their backups though, you get 1 daily, 1 weekly and 1 monthly backup and if your weekly backup runs on Sunday and something breaks Saturday night right before it runs you're stuck with reverting to the monthly backup because your previous daily and weekly backups would have both been overwritten so definitely don't rely on them :)
Linode backups are daily, current week's backup (less than 7 days old) and last week's backup (between 8 and 14 days old). There's also user initiated manual snapshots.

Linode backups are daily, current week's backup (less than 7 days old) and last week's backup (between 8 and 14 days old). There's also user initiated manual snapshots.

Ah yep, you're right was thinking there was a monthly backup, but guess it's just two weekly backups, but at any rate if your backup runs on Sunday at midnight and things break on Saturday at 11pm you're stuck with a week old backup. Would be much more useful if they gave you two daily backups as well which would help prevent that :\

Screenshot for anyone that is curious:

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 9.54.56 AM.webp

Top Bottom