What are "Link Forums"

Ryan Kent

I am in my Admin CP Node Tree and I see the option to Create New Link Forum. I created a page and directed the URL to http://www.yahoo.com just for testing purposes. I noticed whenever I selected the page, I went to yahoo. My question is...what's the practical use?

Also I am just getting started with my first XenForo installation. I have read a lot of these forums and those on XenFans. I am watching videos but I keep running into a lot of questions like the one above. I hate to open a thread for each and flood the forums, especially knowing these threads will quickly move to deeper pages in the forums and probably not be helpful to the next person in need. Is there ANY form of documentation prepared? I am willing to be a beta tester. I don't require perfection, anything would be helpful.

My question is...what's the practical use? [of link forums]

That's it. They just link hyperlink to the location you specify. Are there any external pages that your users frequent? You can use a link forum to create a shortcut to that page in your forum listing.

Is there ANY form of documentation prepared?

Probably not until the software goes gold. In the meantime these forums are a good resource.

Thank you.

Can you offer any sort of real world example where this feature might be used? I would think if you wanted a user to go to another site you just offer a link to click on.

Sorry to ask. I want to get the most out of these forums and understand each feature as fully as possible.

thank you both
smile.png

Is there ANY form of documentation prepared?
Documentation is currently being written, in preparation for the stable release.

In the meantime, feel free to ask as many questions as you like.
You may even find an answer by using search but if not, that's what the forum is for.

Top Bottom