What am I overlooking?

Blue

I have 1 forum that 1 usergroup is allowed to edit posts indefinitely but for some reason they are not.

Starting with usergroup permissions, and making sure there is nothing set to NEVER in any secondary groups. Then starting at the Category level, making sure that usergroup has the proper permissions and time limit is set to unlimited.

When testing the permissions of a user in that group, still cannot edit posts.

When testing the permissions of a user in that group, still cannot edit posts.

When using the Test Permissions feature the focus is on you, not the test user. In the case of a permission like this it would give you permission to edit your own posts while testing his permissions, but not his posts. It is different than if you were to login as the user.

Have you tried creating a test user account and giving the test user the same usergroup privs? When you login with the test account what happens?

When using the Test Permissions feature the focus is on you, not the test user. In the case of a permission like this it would give you permission to edit your own posts while testing his permissions, but not his posts. It is different than if you were to login as the user.
Oh OK.

Have you tried creating a test user account and giving the test user the same usergroup privs? When you login with the test account what happens?

I'll try that and see what happens.

Top Bottom