What Add On is this?

Nope, just CSS

upload_2014-6-17_11-29-57.webp

message_user_info

Code:
<xen:if is="@messageShowMessageCount AND {$user.user_id}">
                    <dl class="pairsInline">
                        <dt><span class="fa fa-comments-o fa-fw Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase messages}"></span></dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$user.user_id}'}" class="concealed" rel="nofollow">{xen:number $user.message_count}</a></dd>
                    </dl>
                </xen:if>

<xen:if is="@messageShowTotalLikes AND {$user.user_id}">
                    <dl class="pairsInline">
                        <dt><span class="fa fa-thumbs-up fa-fw Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase likes_received}"></span></dt>
                        <dd>{xen:number $user.like_count}</dd>
                    </dl>
                </xen:if>

Ok thanks then I will need to pass as I really don't like doing code changes like this

Ok thanks then I will need to pass as I really don't like doing code changes like this

The more you do it the more comfortable you'll become with it. I have a hidden forum on my site where only I can see and I make a thread for every change I make. The thread will have the code prior to the change, the actual changes and the link to the thread on here referencing the changes.

It also doesn't hurt to have a test board where you can try things out.

I also have both of those running but from experience I just found doing any manual template edits to be a pain when it comes to doing any upgrades. So when I moved over to XF I made myself a promise now more of that stuff

I also have both of those running but from experience I just found doing any manual template edits to be a pain when it comes to doing any upgrades. So when I moved over to XF I made myself a promise now more of that stuff

Very true. I don't have a ton of template mods but 1.2 to 1.3 was pretty easy on that front. We'll see on the next upgrade how it goes. Using template modifications would probably be a better method but I haven't spent much time looking into that.

Template edits in XF are not the same as what you've been used to. Trust me :D We've edited our style a bucketload - template edits, CSS edits galore. When 1.3.3 was released this morning it took us longer to upload the files, than it did to bring the site back online after the upgrade. The automerge feature is fab, and gives us so much range now in the edits we can make to the site without a huge worry about what will break upon upgrade.

Editing template in xF is really much easier than other forum software (or use the Template Modification if you're worried about directly editing the templates), this has been a plus for xF. If you ever directly edit the templates, you can locate the edited templates easily as well.

Like @TeflonDon said, the more you do the more you feel comfortable, and you will get addicted in doing it as well :P

Template edits in XF are not the same as what you've been used to. Trust me :D We've edited our style a bucketload - template edits, CSS edits galore. When 1.3.3 was released this morning it took us longer to upload the files, than it did to bring the site back online after the upgrade. The automerge feature is fab, and gives us so much range now in the edits we can make to the site without a huge worry about what will break upon upgrade.
To make your forum upgrade quicker:
  1. Download XenForo zip on Customers Area
  2. Extract the upload folder
  3. Open up upload folder and select all contents and add to zip (I'm using Winrar here)
  4. Upload the upload.zip on your /public_html/ folder
  5. Extract / replace all
  6. Then run the upgrade.
In short you don't need to upload the XenForo file one by one which is sometimes cause a corruption of file and longer time just for upload as it will upload 1K+ php files.

3. Open up upload folder and select all contents and add to zip (I'm using Winrar here)
  5. Extract / replace all
  6. Then run the upgrade.
In short you don't need to upload the XenForo file one by one which is sometimes cause a corruption of file and longer time just for upload as it will upload 1K+ php files.
Yeah I know :) but since I have a 25Mb upload speed it doesn't really bother me much.

5. Extract / replace all
  6. Then run the upgrade.

This is the exact same way that I do it, Winrar and all. :)

But not to me lol We all have our quirks, that one is mine. @Tracy Perry @Mike54 have both tried to convert me with little success :D
Some day you'll see the light!
But if you don't like messing in terminal, you can still do it all over the panel.
Took me a very short time to upload the one file and 45 seconds to copy the stuff over.

Top Bottom