What a difference a week makes!

Lisa

This is my official feedback after running XenForo on Admin Extra for a week ;)

It was approximately this time last week Admin Extra reopened its doors running on XenForo. For about a year prior to that we had been running on IPB and had watched as the visits to the site became fewer and fewer, up to the point where we were lucky if we were getting one post in a week.

I'd almost reached the decision to pull the plug on a site that I'd been extremely passionate about in the first half of 2010. But through 2011 I found myself more and more unwilling to visit my own site. It seemed no matter what I did, what threads I made no one wanted to post and so I had a decision to make.

Because I'd started another site on XenForo a few weeks earlier, and had been digging deeper into the ACP and found I was really enjoying it, I decided to take the plunge and picked up another licence. We (me and my partner in crime) chatted more about what if we converted AdX... what if we restyled it.. what if this and what if that... and like usually happens when the pair of us do it.. before we knew it we'd done a couple of test conversions, shut the site and just gone for it!

So now.. here we are a week later.. and who'd have thought it. Is it because I feel more revitalised? I don't think so (although it's true) but AdX is positively bustling... we've gone from 1 post a week (at a push) to approx 100 new posts a day - which isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things but when you compare it to a week earlier it's a rather huge difference. We've gone from averaging out at 13 members hitting the site a day to around 42.

Not only that I keep getting the same messages via msn, email and conversation on the site itself - AdX looks better, feels better, is becoming addictive.

In a week!

If this is a what a week on XenForo can do, I'm sincerely looking forward to the next year!

You can bring a dead community to life - it just takes a certain kind of software - and KAM have discovered it.

So thanks for helping me rediscover that spark, guys :D

Well your forum activity has certainly seen a big boost since the change of forum software used. But, and I hate to sound negative. That was always going to happen the first week when people visiting saw that change made, what matters now is seeing if things continue on like that. Or, if things slowly start reverting back to how they was before once that initial excitement of people seeing the new change wears off.

I do hope things carry on as they are for you, seriously. I'm just being a realist and think "the test of time" is what matters. Wait a few weeks and see if things are still going well for you compared to using IPB before. It's a bit like buying a new car, your neighbours are out in force having a close look and eager to comment about it to you. Then a week later they couldn't care less what you drive.

Well your forum activity has certainly seen a big boost since the change of forum software used. But, and I hate to sound negative. That was always going to happen the first week when people visiting saw that change made, what matters now is seeing if things continue on like that. Or, if things slowly start reverting back to how they was before once that initial excitement of people seeing the new change wears off.

I do hope things carry on as they are for you, seriously. I'm just being a realist and think "the test of time" is what matters. Wait a few weeks and see if things are still going well for you compared to using IPB before. It's a bit like buying a new car, your neighbours are out in force having a close look and eager to comment about it to you. Then a week later they couldn't care less what you drive.
That's why I'm monitoring things :) I never see just the positives... but when we converted to IPB within a week we'd lost 50% of our traffic.. not gained ... so, we'll see.

Very reassuring Azhria Lilu as I too am looking at reviving a dwindled community with XF.
I like Admin Extra by the way.

signed up, posted, site looks good, definitely more welcoming than the last time I had been there. Had seen no reason to register then, guess that changed... :)

Top Bottom