Well what the hell I just bought IPB for a New Forum

DieselMinded

Doing a new forum , and having both vb3 and vb4 board i have decided to jump the sinking ship of vb4 and just purchased ipb software.

I have a big board running on vb3 and it will stay on vb3.

I wish everyone here luck there are quite a bit of forum softwares out there. i see some familiar faces .

just make a promise not to release an update that broadcasts my server credentials to everyone (EXPLOITED!!!!) argh !!!!

i will hang around here to watch progress and stay out of your way :)

Cya
DM

Hey thanks for the positive reinforcement i really feel bad for leaving vBulletin. Im not sure who let who down tho... the vb4 is horrible and i own 2 licenses.

What really done me in is during the 8 day gap in exploit on 3.8.6 i was exploited and i contacted vb support and they told me that i must of leaked the information to log in to my server ... the entire time they knew of the issue and didnt even tell me how to fix it , now they send "im sorry" emails.

Hey thanks for the positive reinforcement i really feel bad for leaving vBulletin. Im not sure who let who down tho... the vb4 is horrible and i own 2 licenses.

Don't feel bad. They dropped the ball. A lot. They may or may not have kicked it down the stairs a few times too.

I felt bad leaving vB for a while... but I got over it. Now I just laugh. ;)

I got banned on vB.com for saying how bad this was going to end up. Turns out everything I said was right. Not trying to toot my own horn or anything because I have been wrong about a lot more than I have been right about in life but this had everything spelled out for everyone from the start and everyone that spoke up against it for exactly what it was was shunned.

well i hope they dont read this site , i still feel like Benedict Arnold .

I had no idea of the falling out our the drama / details of Jelsoft vs Internet Brands ect... ect... , i just started seeing the whos whos of vbulletin development go awol ...

when i was looking at starting a new forum i had to swim up stream to ipb with head hanging in shame.

Just hope they dont mess up vb3 somehow ...again

Stop upgrading vB3 and you will have a forum that runs fine :)
And once the license and sales details are known for xf you can upgrade to a modern bbs solution :)

@DM, no need to worry mate. IPB is far better than vB and a lot better than XF (in the current stage). If the conversion is done, go with that. If not I would suggest to wait till XF is stable.

@DieselMinded, you might recognise me from the IPB Community Forums. I add to your thread in Pre-Sales. What I say still stands, as and of right now, XF is very promising, but as it is not complete, ie, 1.0-STABLE, I cannot say for sure that this will be better than IPB.

You can always ask for a refund of IP.B, or sell the license on in a few months.

damn ... i've upgraded my vB ... if i knew that this platform was coming ... i never gave the bucks to jelsoft for a buggy software ...

Anyone else agree that IPB would be the way to go right this second if you were to start a new forum ?

Yes I would definately agree, IPB is great software, full matured, stable, well written, well developed and most importantly well supported by a professional team.

Having said that.. I can't wait to get my hands on this baby
shifty.gif

Top Bottom