Well I'm Back

Exotic_Peacock

So this is a little different for me - I have been using forum software for years the amount of money I previously spent at the former company the founders of XenForo worked for, not to mention on sites such as @DragonByte Tech etc.

I did make the move when xF was first released as stable and then lost passion for the forum industry and tried my hand at other things. Life took over, kids, work, regular day-to-day medial tasks that somehow fill in the day making it seem as though you have achieved nothing...

I do think one of the licenses I have recently re-activated or about to re-activate the original support expired in 2013. But as the title suggests I am back... and I know that means absolutely nothing to anyone. BUT oh well.

I'd like to pay respects to not only the developers of xenForo but to all of those professional coders who help provide us with the stable forum software we use, to not only the blokes like @Russ, @Mike Creuzer and co who continue to produce themes and addons - as well as all the others that dedicate their time to help make each and every forum stand on their own two feet.

And although it's been a while since she released anything, I believe I heard it was due to work commitments etc, but I also have to say thank you to @Shelley - been using her little css tips and tricks, graphic replacements etc since way back when I started and some of her stuff I still use today.

Now I am not here to promote any of my boards at the moment I am being a little pedantic with them all but basically our website is set up to encourage discussion amongst Australians to break down the stigma about marijuana,it will provide resources for people across our country to write to their members of government to demand changes to Australian laws about a couple things.

• Did you know in Australia it is against the law to be in possession of marijuana, or another smoking utensil?
  • Did you know that despite most states approving medical marijuana that only a total of 1000 doctors are registered as doctors with approval to prescribe it!

But it is not just about the stigma of marijuana use that has people up in arms? Our website will also offer resources for people to contact their local members of government at both state and federal levels to call for changes to the laws the red-tape that surround the adult entertainment industry. Apart from the Northern Territory and the A.C.T it is illegal to display, film with an intent to distribute, the image of male genitalia to enter a female body part.

There are so many conflicting laws from state to state that many of Australia's top adult entertainment stars have been forced overseas to start a career. Therefore we are calling for the Australian industry to be opened up more, the stigma broken down and for the industry to become regulated.

These are just two ideas we are pushing for for the new website, but also going to add some important other discussional points and hope to build the site from there. But considering I am back I just wanted to come and thank everyone who contributes towards making xenForo the best software out there, and to everyone who codes while I may not use your addons/template modifications I do appreciate the time you have taken to piece it all together and to provide support on these forums.

Thanks to everyone and hopefully in the coming weeks I will be able to show you what I am working on as part of my return to the forum world.

Until next time!

~ Exotic Peacock

Once again thank you for being such a kind and humble person @Mike Creuzer,
I am sure no doubt you will hear from me,and see my name pop up again - and again... and probably again if I am being honest - on your customer list ;)

Welcome back! Now certainly seems to be a good time to be back in the forums game so you are already on the right track there. If you have your core focus of the forum figured out as you say then I think you have a forum worth starting. I will definitely be looking out for what you come up with from here! It's a fun moment when you are ready to post to the showcase section here. :D

Thanks for the kind welcome :)
Yes I am jumping right in and decided to bite the bullet and get back involved - why not right :) Won't be long hopefully and we will be in the showcase section - until then I will go around reviving old threads so I feel like I know something haha.

• Did you know in Australia it is against the law to be in possession of marijuana, or another smoking utensil?
  • Did you know that despite most states approving medical marijuana that only a total of 1000 doctors are registered as doctors with approval to prescribe it!
In U.S. this is true of many states. Some places allow for smoking weed, but beyond that, it must be recreational use, and not sold for profit.

In U.S. this is true of many states. Some places allow for smoking weed, but beyond that, it must be recreational use, and not sold for profit.
In Canada, we have separate regimes for recreational and medical use. And how it is allowed to be sold varies between provinces. So marijuana is legal nationally but you need a playbook to figure the actual process of obtaining it.

Top Bottom