Welcome email or PM?

Ingenious

I'm looking into having a welcome PM or email sent to successful new registrations to point them towards some useful parts of the site. I have looked for an option in the admin area - I can't see one - and I have looked for an add-on to do this. I can't find any add-on to do this in Resources but would swear there used to be one, unless I missed it.

Any suggestions please? If this is already a core feature can someone tell me where abouts I can find the settings for this?

Thanks, that must have been the one I was thinking of.

I searched for it and found http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ragtek-new-user-notification-system-nuns.15166/#post-198796. It says it will only work with the helper framework. But all of the links (to Ragtek's site) are dead, as you say he left. I don't think I'll install it in that case as it appears to be both beta, dependent on another add-on, and unsupported :( Add-on developers leaving is a PITA really.

That's the old one. The one I attached was from the resource manager when it was there. It works perfectly. You can see it in action at my forum.

Thanks guys.

Not sure I agree that Admin Extra is a good community however. To get access to the resources you need to comply with some very vague criteria:

Simply begin registered and posting every now and again is enough. We don't give out the exact details in case we ever change them and because it avoids the post padding problem. Off the top of my head I couldn't even tell you the exactly what is required because I haven't looked in so long, but I do know it's set rather low (as in you don't need 100+ posts or anything of that nature).

There's no point in me registering and then posting rubbish while I wait for some undefined criteria to give me access to part of the site I joined for - what a joke, it's not exactly a good way to encourage new members. Anyway I digress since Harry Fox has saved the day - thanks, I will give the attached file a go :)

Thanks guys.

Not sure I agree that Admin Extra is a good community however. To get access to the resources you need to comply with some very vague criteria:

There's no point in me registering and then posting rubbish while I wait for some undefined criteria to give me access to part of the site I joined for - what a joke, it's not exactly a good way to encourage new members. Anyway I digress since Harry Fox has saved the day - thanks, I will give the attached file a go :)

I was actually about to download the latest version, and realised I didn't have permission to download the resource. Then I saw that vague post too. Anyway, the above one should work fine.

Thanks Harry - installed fine - just need to write a welcome PM now :) It actually has some good options in, including welcome PM, mod/admin notification of new user, welcome profile post, welcome thread. Another great Ragtek add-on, such a shame he left.

Thanks Harry - installed fine - just need to write a welcome PM now :) It actually has some good options in, including welcome PM, mod/admin notification of new user, welcome profile post, welcome thread. Another great Ragtek add-on, such a shame he left.

I use the welcome thread and private message. I think it is great.

Top Bottom