• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WeitualUser -- Virtual Members crawling the site

That is correct.

I noticed that my cron did not seem to be working correctly. I then found these errors in the log. Interesting thing is that the cron.php works fine when loaded from a web site. I have a temporary fix using a web browser to reload the cron every 5 minutes.

That is correct.

I noticed that my cron did not seem to be working correctly. I then found these errors in the log. Interesting thing is that the cron.php works fine when loaded from a web site. I have a temporary fix using a web browser to reload the cron every 5 minutes.
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-members-crawling-the-site.17124/#post-224646

1. Register linux server cron job to execute cron.php at server root, best in 5 mins interval or less.
  2. User web crawling software to click http://yourforumhome/cron.php. Do not click index.php, because virtual browser may not fire the cron.php
There is a cron.php in forum. It can be registered to linux cron to refresh.

i create virtual-users-group​
i click in vurtual user option and do
Virtual User Group -
virtual-users-group​
Guests per each job 35
Time Span of users online 15
i create cron job in linux every 5 min.
don see online
:(

i create virtual-users-group​
i click in vurtual user option and do
Virtual User Group -
virtual-users-group​
Guests per each job 35
Time Span of users online 15
i create cron job in linux every 5 min.
don see online
:(
I am sorry for that.
Have you put members in the virtual-users-group?

Could you give me your forum link? By post the link here by conversasion.

Is it possible to make this work by assigning members as secondary members to the group used to populate this add-on? For example, I created a group called VUG but if I assign a member to that group under secondary, they do not seem to show as on line. Only primary members of the VUG group do. Thank you.

Is it possible to make this work by assigning members as secondary members to the group used to populate this add-on? For example, I created a group called VUG but if I assign a member to that group under secondary, they do not seem to show as on line. Only primary members of the VUG group do. Thank you.
Not yet. I agree use secondary group is more reasonable. I use primary group is just for convenient in programming. I still not know how to check a user's secondary group.

Will upgrade this mod after writing a RSS-javascript feed.

in one hour is 200 and the other one, how to adjust the mod, I want him always to oscillate between 50, 70, 100 and so on!
Do you mean the 200 users appeared suddenly, sometimes, there is only a few. If this is the case, the conjob not triggered. Post #2 has explanation how to trigger the cronjobs. If there is fewer than 1 click per 5 minutes, you need further procedure to trigger the cronjob.

If this is not your case, pls. give me more info.

Tks.

Top Bottom