XF 2.2 Weird Smilie / emojis behavior

BasilFawlty

One of my members reported that he is seeing some sort of weird behavior on smilies (or emojis, not sure which these are). Anyway, when someone posts certain emojis (smilies?) for example, the devil, this person is seeing a split image with half the devil picture and half alien picture. I'm not seeing this and so far he's the only one who has reported this weirdness. He is using a MacBook Pro with Safari. Here's a screen shot of what he's seeing (like I said, I'm not seeing this). Any ideas what might be causing this?

split emoji.webp

That looks like the sprite position is off, go under smiles>and click on the devil one 👿. Mine shows:

q1.jpg

The Alien 👽 one shows:

q2.jpg

Another way to verify them is is to start a Xenforo demo and compare all the Sprite positions to yours.

So far only that one guy has reported the issue. My Devil and Alien smilies are set exactly as nodle has them set (which I assume is default since I never messed with those settings at all.

So far only that one guy has reported the issue. My Devil and Alien smilies are set exactly as nodle has them set (which I assume is default since I never messed with those settings at all.
Have you recently changed any of your emojis? With using a spritesheet if you make any changes to it or switched to new one then some of your members might have the old version of the source image still cached. For your members that are seeing it, have them try clearing their browser cache or doing a hard-reload (CTRL-F5 on most Windows browsers) while viewing the page.

One of my members reported that he is seeing some sort of weird behavior on smilies (or emojis, not sure which these are). Anyway, when someone posts certain emojis (smilies?) for example, the devil, this person is seeing a split image with half the devil picture and half alien picture. I'm not seeing this and so far he's the only one who has reported this weirdness. He is using a MacBook Pro with Safari. Here's a screen shot of what he's seeing (like I said, I'm not seeing this). Any ideas what might be causing this?

View attachment 247521
Now that's funny. I know the Blackburn road he's taking about. Fun road to drive on.

Top Bottom