XF 2.2 Weird issues with caps lock and delete button in text editor on iPhone

PumpinIron

Has anyone noticed this when using their iPhone and XenForo 2.2?

The autocorrect, caps lock, and enter/return buttons on my iPad/iPhone work pretty strange. I often hit the delete button and it jumps up and deletes a line or two, or random and will sometimes randomly capitalize things. Capitalization doesn’t work properly and sometimes also uncapitalizes things I specifically capitalized.

This has been happening for months now, I've just been meaning to post something about it but haven't.

No I haven't seen any of those things.

What iPhone model and what version of iOS?

You might want to get your thumbs aligned and your fingers rotated. :)

iPhone 12 Pro, latest version of Safari:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So the 3 things I noticed:

1) When typing a paragraph, and going to a new paragraph, you have to enter 3 times. The first one goes to the line below, second one does nothing, third finally takes you to a spaced line.

2) That paragraph will not be capitalized

3) When you backspace to capitalize the first letter (after you inevitably missed it and kept typing), it deletes you one extra and takes you back up a line above, so you're directly under the last paragraph again. Then, you hit the enter button and it makes this weird blank highlight thing, and typing during that deletes the highlight and ends up not capitalizing the first letter again. So all the glitchy craziness comes from dealing with all that at once, and it stems from fixing a non-capitalized letter. The rest piles on as you get further into fixing the letter itself.

iPhone 12 Pro, latest version of Safari:

So the 3 things I noticed:

1) When typing a paragraph, and going to a new paragraph, you have to enter 3 times. The first one goes to the line below, second one does nothing, third finally takes you to a spaced line.

2) That paragraph will not be capitalized

3) When you backspace to capitalize the first letter (after you inevitably missed it and kept typing), it deletes you one extra and takes you back up a line above, so you're directly under the last paragraph again. Then, you hit the enter button and it makes this weird blank highlight thing, and typing during that deletes the highlight and ends up not capitalizing the first letter again. So all the glitchy craziness comes from dealing with all that at once, and it stems from fixing a non-capitalized letter. The rest piles on as you get further into fixing the letter itself.

Pretty sure all of these issues have been fixed and will be included in XF 2.2.7.

Those changes have been rolled out here already. If you'd like to test.

More issues:

As a bonus it looks like the two issues may have been related and this is fixed too.