Weekly newsletter

Weekly newsletter [Paid] 2.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Weekly newsletter - Sends an email to your members every week showing most popular topics.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Sends an email to your members every week showing most popular topics.

(Example of Weekly newsletter email)

View attachment 237729

(Example of...

Read more about this resource...

From @AndyB:

The difference is the Weekly digest was using code which made integrating the account preference checkbox impossible to implement.

So it's basically a recoded upgrade. Comes with instructions for importing your Weekly Digest settings.

The Weekly Newsletter requires Xenforo 2.2.0 or later. The Digest will run on earlier XF versions.

I'm not sure how this works but my users want the ability to opt in to forums they want updates on. They don't care about Brand Z when they are only interested in posts on their brand, Brand X.

I'm not sure how this works but my users want the ability to opt in to forums they want updates on. They don't care about Brand Z when they are only interested in posts on their brand, Brand X.
I don't think you can tailor the newsletter for individual members, although you can globally exclude soecified nodes/forums.

However, outside of the newsletter, your members can choose to ignore certain forums/nodes with this addon - I'm using it on a couple of forums and it works very well for that purpose so the member will only see the forums he's interested in when clicking What's New and similar search links:

My customers have asked me for the digest functionality of vBulletin, whatever that did as I never used it.

My customers have asked me for the digest functionality of vBulletin, whatever that did as I never used it.
If you have upgraded to Xenforo 2.2.x, there is now a Xenforo Activity Summary that your members can opt to receive. I haven't used it yet but it seems it allows some customization.

Go to AdminCP >> Options >> Email options >> Enable activity summary email

See whether that meets your needs.

If you want to change the default day (Saturday) that this goes out:
1- navigate to \src\addons\Andy\WeeklyNewsletter\_data
2- Make a backup copy of cron.xml and edit it with text editor.
3- Edit the section that says [CDATA[{"day_type":"dow","dow":[6],"hours":[15],"minutes":[0]}]]
dow- day of week, I changed mine to 4, Thursday. 5 would be Friday and so on.
4- Save, Go back into your add-ons in the admin, find the settings for Weekly Newsletter and rebuild it.
5- Confirm the next run time in your cron- /admin.php?cron/

Note XF will give you a warning message the next time it checks file integrity stating- There are 1 missing files or files with unexpected contents. You should review these.

You can also use an add on called Development Mode and set the settings in the cron- https://www.xf2addons.com/resources/development-mode.471/

Last edited:
Hey Andy, how is this a security issue?
Security update. The emoji field in the options page has been removed, you can add a emoji to the weeklynewsletter_subject phrase.

There is no way to customize this newsletter is there? Like if I wanted to insert an announcement or links to our weekly Zoom Lecture for instance.... or if I wanted to insert a custom footer to advertise a special feature on the forum, I don't see any way to do that either.....

Top Bottom