WeedMaps Media buys Marijuana.com for $4.2 million

steven s

Note: There is XenForo content.
smoking-marijuana-027.gif

http://vator.tv/news/2011-11-29-weedmaps-media-buys-marijuanacom-for-42-million

The new Marijuana.com will provide all-new content, including user-generated reviews, videos, and other community-focused material. "On the new site, we plan to significantly upgrade the...software, driving it by the latest message forum technology (Xenforo)," said Hartfield. "We plan to incentivize the community to attract more users to the forum, via giveaways and prizes not currently offered."

Wow. Whoever owned that domain name is filthy rich. Now he can start a new company with that much money. Lucky, lucky little.... AGH. This is ridculous!

Looks like it's a dubious outfit. It's all about marijuana addiction ( ????) and how to conquer it with rehabilitation.
It has a bunch of badly selected links and not much else. A compendium of BS.

Congratulations to MCOM and that comes from a guy living 15 minutes away from Amsterdam ^_^
Anyway, congratulations to XFL for being mentioned in a news article.

Here I thought XFL was a dead brand - WWE used the name before abandoning the venture.

EDIT: AAHH! Floris! Your acronyms! You trickster you!

Jeeze...makes the domain I want look like a bargain :rolleyes:

I wonder what the current revenue figures in relation to the predicted increase in revenue due to increased traffic from owning that additional domain could possibly be for them to value it that high.

Speaking of 420, a long time advocate is leaving the House.
The guy is always a mystery to me. He's gay, pro-w33d, grouchy, chubbier than the purple Barney and super popular for 3 decades.
Give it up for Barney Frank.

So Marijuana.com sold for 4200000 dollars. Seems appropriate !
thats funny right there....

not surprised about the value of the domain though...

Looks like it's a dubious outfit. It's all about marijuana addiction ( ????) and how to conquer it with rehabilitation.
It has a bunch of badly selected links and not much else. A compendium of BS.

Nah this site is not about addiction. I mean it would have to be addictive to warrant a site to treat said addiction :-)

I would have to disagree though ...the site is not bs...from what is on there currently by their small strain guide I can see that it looks accurate.
attachment.php

They say this is sour diesel and I would say it is a for sure a variation of the strain. Most of the other ones that I can recognize on sight are on point as well.

The site that bought the domain looks to be a community for people who consume thc products with a full dispensary search. I would call this site great....would be better if I lived out west. It will be nice to see what happens with this....don't forget puff puff pass.

They've been using Xen Foro Limited (XFL) since day 1 on this site.
The way that I recognize XFL is a dead football brand that WWE envisaged at one point.

XenForo Limited is a name I know, it's just the acronym was confusing to me.

Top Bottom