Webwide | Web Designer, Developer and Maker Community | Now Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most crucially the poor post typesetting [...] little markdown support
I might be wrong, but IMHO the vast majority of users doesn't care much about typesetting and doesn't even know about markdown so I wouldn't classify those as major problems.

I might be wrong, but IMHO the vast majority of users doesn't care much about typesetting and doesn't even know about markdown so I wouldn't classify those as major problems.
I appreciate that for many communities, for a community focused on web development like mine was though it was a sore topic. Our job is fixing stuff like that. A dodgy line-height sticks out like a sore thumb.

I would take a look and pay for membership - but its credit card pay only? Why? Not every have a credit card.

I would take a look and pay for membership - but its credit card pay only? Why? Not every have a credit card.
Hey! Thanks very much for your interest. How do you usually pay for things online without a debit/credit card? I can see about adding others as I am sure there are more in the same situation! :)

Where's the forum? With other forums offering similar, what makes your community better and why would people want to pay for the same info?Am I missing something? The colors are nice.

Where's the forum? With other forums offering similar, what makes your community better and why would people want to pay for the same info?Am I missing something? The colors are nice.
Closed:
People don't pay for info they pay to chip in to a sustainable community and the new paid version has had a great response so far by members that had abandoned the forum as well as those that stuck around. A small membership fee is proving to be an excellent spam and quality filter. Not wanting to exclude anybody genuinely wanting to take part, as the website says memberships are free for those who can't pay for any reason but this gives me a chance to verify people are upstanding and in line with our values as much as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom