XF 1.4 website signup error

That typically indicates an outdated style or add-on.

You can test in a default style with all add-ons disabled and then re-enable them one at a time to determine which it is.

It's almost certainly related to an outdated or incompatible style or add-on.

Rebuilding the master data may help, if the master templates have been modified or haven't been rebuilt correctly.

is it possible to just reset the forums and settings without lossing any of the threads, users, general layout etc.

What is the link to the site?
If you don't want to enter a ticket, you can start a convo with me and I can take a look at it for you.

The master rebuild "resets" the templates. There is no "reset" key per-se. You might be able to set it up as a new forum and merge your old one (haven't done that myself and @Brogan could advise if possible).

I just successfully signed up using the name 'Test'.

Hence why I said in my first post:
That typically indicates an outdated style or add-on.

You can test in a default style with all add-ons disabled and then re-enable them one at a time to determine which it is.

I just successfully signed up using the name 'Test'.

Hence why I said in my first post:
I only had two styles "default" and the custom one. I thought enabling "Default" was all i had to do, unfortunately i was wrong and wasted your time...sorry. I am still having an issue with getting FURLS working. I have tried the steps suggested in the FAQS but they dont seem to work for me.

If FURLs don't work with a correctly configured .htaccess file in place, you will need to contact your host and ask them to check and configure the server accordingly.

Top Bottom