1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 website signup error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by epic_ninj4, Nov 15, 2015.

1. epic_ninj4

epic_ninj4 Member

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That typically indicates an outdated style or add-on.

You can test in a default style with all add-ons disabled and then re-enable them one at a time to determine which it is.

3. epic_ninj4

epic_ninj4 Member

did all that, still error persists.

4. epic_ninj4

epic_ninj4 Member

Saw this error pop up again clicked the "automatically merge changes" but the same error still appears. http://imgur.com/O95ar97

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Disable all add-ons and try again (especially if you have any add-ons that modify the user(s) accounts/registration process.

6. epic_ninj4

epic_ninj4 Member

Already tried that.

7. Tracy Perry

Is your main ACP showing any error notifications at the top of the screen (where you saw the template merge issue).
    You can enter a ticket and get some assistance, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a template/style issue.

8. Brogan

It's almost certainly related to an outdated or incompatible style or add-on.

Rebuilding the master data may help, if the master templates have been modified or haven't been rebuilt correctly.

9. Brogan

10. Tracy Perry

/yoursite.com/install and choose the Rebuild Master Data.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-16-at-5.27.39-AM.jpg

11. epic_ninj4

epic_ninj4 Member

12. epic_ninj4

epic_ninj4 Member

is it possible to just reset the forums and settings without lossing any of the threads, users, general layout etc.

13. Tracy Perry

What is the link to the site?
    If you don't want to enter a ticket, you can start a convo with me and I can take a look at it for you.

The master rebuild "resets" the templates. There is no "reset" key per-se. You might be able to set it up as a new forum and merge your old one (haven't done that myself and @Brogan could advise if possible).

14. Brogan

I wouldn't advise importing into another forum.
    It's not a database issue - it's style/templates or add-on related.

15. epic_ninj4

epic_ninj4 Member

i have all add-ons disabled. Is it possible to delete all style/templates and readd them?

16. Brogan

No, you don't.

I am looking at your site now and there is a portal add-on active, various other add-ons, as well as the custom style.

17. epic_ninj4

epic_ninj4 Member

Sorry, I did for a while and re-enabled them when i wasnt working on the site. I deleted the custom style now. Testing without the custom style now.

18. Brogan

I just successfully signed up using the name 'Test'.

Hence why I said in my first post:

19. epic_ninj4

epic_ninj4 Member

I only had two styles "default" and the custom one. I thought enabling "Default" was all i had to do, unfortunately i was wrong and wasted your time...sorry. I am still having an issue with getting FURLS working. I have tried the steps suggested in the FAQS but they dont seem to work for me.

20. Brogan

If FURLs don't work with a correctly configured .htaccess file in place, you will need to contact your host and ask them to check and configure the server accordingly.