Website hosting

Which website hosting is great for xenForo effectively? I am looking only in US/Canada host providers, namecheap? hostgator? security priority ? :unsure:

I am just start to create small forum.....any advice pls?

Well would be nice to know what kind of budget for hosting you are looking at. If price isn't much of an option then you have xfhost.net as well as Nimbus hosting. I haven't used Nimbus but I am currently with xfhost.net and I am really happy. Those 2 options aren't cheap but in my experience you get what you pay for. Those real cheap hosts tend to over crowd (over sell) the servers to try to get more bang for their buck. The sites I mentioned cost more cause they don't over sell the servers.

XenForo System Requirements

• PHP: 5.2.4+
  • MySQL: 5.0+
  • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
  • PHP safe_mode off
What to look for is what are the modules installed (see what is recommended by XF) versions of php 5.xx
Msql size, disk space, FTP ,backup etc. ..
Like your forum is very young you can you focused on hosting small price (just for starters).

See also proposes that the host as the administration panel.
Do a search on the net hosting provider to check reviews, it is not often down

Sorry, I purchase namecheap host which I feel more reasonable. Then I am trying to upload all the files to ePanel File Manager, I try to put /xenforo/install in public html files. Create XenForo Directory. All the files should upload to public html folder?

How can I do that, it is so frustrated?

To install XenForo, you will need to extract the zip and upload all the files
from the contained upload directory onto your web server. You may upload into
your web root, or any folder within the web root. This shall be referred to
as your XenForo Directory.

Having uploaded the necessary files, you should direct your web browser to the
URL that corresponds to your XenForo Directory and add '/install' to the address
(eg: http://www.example.com/xenforo/install). This will trigger the installation
process, which will guide you through the necessary steps to get a working XenForo
installation running on your server.

Please note that the installation routine will direct you to ensure that the data
and internal_data directories within your XenForo Directory are writeable by the
webserver (ie: chmod 0777).

must be sent in the "FTP" content "upload" unzip.
You edit a file "includes/config.exemple.php" in "config.php".
Inside, you will specify the IDs of your database.
http://xenforo.com/help/installation/

You have a domain already? if you just bought it takes DNS propagation.

between 24 and 48 hours

otherwise the install can not be done from the "URL"

you have a domain already? if you just bought it takes DNS propagation.

between 24 and 48 hours

otherwise the install can not be done from the "URL"

Yes, I bought domain. Despite DNS's 24-48 hours, so then just upload all files to the public html in file manager for now?

Sorry, I purchase namecheap host which I feel more reasonable. Then I am trying to upload all the files to ePanel File Manager, I try to put /xenforo/install in public html files. Create XenForo Directory. All the files should upload to public html folder?

How can I do that, it is so frustrated?
Why are you creating a separate directory? If all you are going to run is xenForo, just copy the files from the upload folder directly into your /public-html directory on the site. Once that is done you should have already created an empty database via phpMyAdmin (I'm sure you have access from your control panel to that). You will then point at your domain.com/install (once propagation has completed - or you can hit the site yourself via domain name) and follow the prompts. You will need to change permissions on the folders data and internal_data to 777 (again, using your file manager you should be able to do this) because you will get a warning during install if not done.

Top Bottom