Awaiting feedback Webdav editing issue

simbolo

Okay this is a little odd.
I have a Style that is a child of the Master Style. I am using Webdav through transmit and xF 1.1.1.

PHP:
Apache2
PHP 5.3.6-13ubuntu3.3 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Dec 13 2011 18:37:10)
Copyright (c) 1997-2011 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Zend Technologies
    with Xdebug v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2010, by Derick Rethans

Once I update a template via Webdav that template is then disregarded and the master style is used. If I go through the web interface to see if the changes are present, they are. Also if I check the file from Webdav again (meaning I close transmit and my editor - Sublime Text 2) the file is updated. To fix I rebuild the templates/styles by adding a new style. Then the template is properly loaded.

Example: I edit EXTRA.css via WebDav and add
HTML:
.sidebar .section .secondaryContent {
    background-color: @textCtrlBackground;
    border: 1px solid @faintTextColor;
    border-radius: 10px;
}
Changes are not reflected on the front end and actually now disregard my customized EXTRA.CSS.
I then add a new style rebuilding the templates/styles.
Changes are reflected on the front end.

If I make changes from the admin web interface everything works as it should.

Any ideas?

I have to say that I have no idea why this would happen - if the change is there, the whole rebuild should've happened that that should be independent of the WebDAV client.

That said, WebDAV is a nightmare because of client variations and the massive pain of debugging.

Kier uses DreamWeaver without any problems as well. I'm unsure if anyone else has had any problems with Transmit or can reproduce this?

Thanks for the response Mike. I'd caulk it up as a webdav inconsistency. I wouldn't waste any time on it unless a bunch more people run in to the same issue.

I debugged the connections on the command line and everything looked good. The one thing I didn't check was if it was actually rebuilding the style after and update. If I had to guess that would be where it's failing.

Side note, since you said Kier uses Dreamweaver, does that mean you use the web editor?

Top Bottom