• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Webdav changing my templates after I saved them

Naatan

Hi, I'm trying to make use of webdav but so far it's just been very annoying. Atm the main problem is that when I save a file, Xenforo seems to process my saved file somewhow and apply filters to it, which means it's not saved the way I wanted it to. For example, I save a file with the following entry:

HTML:
<xen:require css="random.css" />
A couple seconds later, it's changed to:

HTML:
<link rel="xenforo_stylesheet" type="text/css" href="genia.css" />
Note that the template itself wasn't modified this way, just the data that webdav is sending me.

Any way to disable this?

Thanks

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
That's really the designed behavior, to help editors that translates links into tabs. So you'd have to edit the code to stop this, or write the <link> tag out directly (it's translated back when saving).

Naatan

I see, it would be really useful if these kind of things were configurable in the backend, as a programmer I care more about consistency than making things easier for designers, though I get that won't always be the case.

Could anyone give me some pointers as to where in the code I might disable this functionality? I'm digging right now but it's not instantly clear to me.