1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oman, Jul 1, 2012.

1. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm intending on purchasing web hosting. I found a good host and very reasonable prices. The problem is that after sending a support ticket and waiting the 24 hours for a response, I didn't get one. I'm hoping they respond soon.

So, for your sites, which web hosting do you use? Is it of good value for money. I know a lot of you may use VPS hosting, but I'm more interested in the feedback from people who don't currently use VPS hosting.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Lucas and Jesepi like this.
  3. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

1 hour is reasonable from a host, 24 hours are not so reasonable.
  4. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Yes, I see where you are coming from. I don't mind it when they promise 24 hrs, but when they don't respond, I do mind.
  5. euantor

euantor Well-Known Member

I don't have an IPB license just yet but I did want to give a shoutout to http://webfaction.com who I've been with for a while now. When I do actually buy my license they'll be hosting me too.
  6. RastaLulz

RastaLulz Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with HostGator, been using them since 2008.
  7. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

I'll second the small orange suggestion. For shared hosting they seem to be very good, though I personally prefer a VPS for even the smallest of sites due to the control it gives.
  8. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Known Host has been great for me for the 7 months I have been with them. They are prompt at answering support tickets and answering anything I have asked so far. I am using their VPS package and have been overwhelmingly pleased.

They also have nice shared plans, just letting you know how their support is.
    Lucas likes this.
  9. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

I would not use a web host that does not respond within six hours. A while back I was scammed by such a host. Also what happens when they make a mistake and you can't get in touch. Even if you are from a poor country, make sure you get good support or the time taken fixing issues can cost you lots of $.

Try HostGator. I hosted with them a long time ago and they were great.
  10. oman

oman Well-Known Member