• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Web Hosting

oman

Hi Everyone,

I'm intending on purchasing web hosting. I found a good host and very reasonable prices. The problem is that after sending a support ticket and waiting the 24 hours for a response, I didn't get one. I'm hoping they respond soon.

So, for your sites, which web hosting do you use? Is it of good value for money. I know a lot of you may use VPS hosting, but I'm more interested in the feedback from people who don't currently use VPS hosting.

Thanks,
oman

whynot

I found a good host and very reasonable prices. The problem is that after sending a support ticket and waiting the 24 hours for a response, I didn't get one. I'm hoping they respond soon.
1 hour is reasonable from a host, 24 hours are not so reasonable.

Jesepi

I'll second the small orange suggestion. For shared hosting they seem to be very good, though I personally prefer a VPS for even the smallest of sites due to the control it gives.

Steve F

Known Host has been great for me for the 7 months I have been with them. They are prompt at answering support tickets and answering anything I have asked so far. I am using their VPS package and have been overwhelmingly pleased.

They also have nice shared plans, just letting you know how their support is.

=MGN=RedEagle

Hi Everyone,

I'm intending on purchasing web hosting. I found a good host and very reasonable prices. The problem is that after sending a support ticket and waiting the 24 hours for a response, I didn't get one. I'm hoping they respond soon.

So, for your sites, which web hosting do you use? Is it of good value for money. I know a lot of you may use VPS hosting, but I'm more interested in the feedback from people who don't currently use VPS hosting.

Thanks,
oman
I would not use a web host that does not respond within six hours. A while back I was scammed by such a host. Also what happens when they make a mistake and you can't get in touch. Even if you are from a poor country, make sure you get good support or the time taken fixing issues can cost you lots of $.

Try HostGator. I hosted with them a long time ago and they were great.