1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We sure take a long time

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DaveM, Jul 21, 2014.

1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

To nail the spammer er :D If it was at least something to read I suppose it would not be all that bad :p

lol not sure what the purpose of them even posting something like this is :rolleyes:

Amaury likes this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

All of the staff, aside from @Jeremy and @Jake Bunce, is in the UK, and it's 8:14 AM for them, so they're probably not awake yet / still waking up.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Well they need to have staff internationally, this is what I have done with my forum so we always have someone around

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Well, they do, though only two. Jeremy is in Pennsylvania and is probably in bed, as it is 3:20 AM for him, and Jake Bunce is in California and is probably also in bed, as it is 12:20 AM for him (he's in the same time zone as me).

5. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Holy smokes, their flooding the forum, did you see how many threads they are starting?

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Soon they'll all be squashed like bugs! :D

7. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Indeed.

8. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

I had a member get frustrated the other night. He went nuts and started flooding my forum way worse than this spammer, he had like 50 threads started before i caught it 3am central time.
    I used the spam tool on him :)

I felt bad but hey, you cant be flooding.

Amaury likes this.
  9. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

It really get to me when these guys do this, spammers are really the one thing I hate :mad:

10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

They're trying to get us girls, but I think we're more than capable of finding the right girl on our own. ;)

11. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

xenForo needs to pull a Microsoft? Microsoft does have great business practices, but majority does not recognize/realize/understand their business strategies.

12. Null

Null Well-Known Member

For those wondering what this thread's about :p.

image.jpg

Amaury likes this.
  13. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I got loads of emails... But I don't email subscribe to all the forums.

However, having 40 alerts turn into 2 tells me there were at least 38 spam messages posted. Wow.

I think XF needs to recruit more international staff (or at least some that work during the night).

Liam

14. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

...or moderate the first post that time.

15. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Well put it this way I am having daytime while the USA has night

16. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Which would need more international mods to approve them when posted...

17. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I see they hitting the forum again this morning (for me anyway). This is not a very good reflection on XF core anti spam setup that is for sure :(

18. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No anti-spam tool is perfect.

19. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I understand that but even if they mask it in some manner here it would still give the new members a better prospective on the software, remember first impressions are the ones that last. So if I am new and start seeing daily spamming on a developers site it just might put me off a bit.

Possibly moderate new members post, ok so this would mean a bit more work for the moderators I suppose but if it is get more moderators to handle the load. I am not sure if they pay moderators here or not but I am sure there are a few members here that would step up to do the job free.

20. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I doubt the new 1.4 spam improvements have rolled out(well.. I assume they aren't here :D ), so hopefully that will help with the automated ones.