We moved to xF from vB

Renegade

Well its not really a showcase but a vote of solidarity. We decided to move to XF last weekend as soon as the news of the lawsuit came in. Been waiting for the damn thing to end for ages.

Forum: www.techenclave.com/community/
Discussions:144,180
Members:49,421

Well that's it, no fancy words about XF. Everything that had to be said about XF has already been said. Can't wait to see what all is there to come.

Two qualms we have about XF is no good WP-xF bridge and not enough themes, I am sure the latter will change soon.

One question, do you think we will benefit in any way from the enhanced search plugin?

Well its not really a showcase but a vote of solidarity. We decided to move to XF last weekend as soon as the news of the lawsuit came in. Been waiting for the damn thing to end for ages.

Forum: www.techenclave.com/community/
Discussions:144,180
Members:49,421

Well that's it, no fancy words about XF. Everything that had to be said about XF has already been said. Can't wait to see what all is there to come.

Two qualms we have about XF is no good WP-xF bridge and not enough themes, I am sure the latter will change soon.

One question, do you think we will benefit in any way from the enhanced search plugin?

I think the best people to ask about the search add-on would be Deebs, Jake slavik or Digitalpoint. They seem to have really had more time with it than most and I find they are always finding ways to enhance it further in it's efficiency. Worth posting a thread about it.

As for the migration to Xf, excellent move and nice active forum you have. Excellent job. :thumbsup:

How do your members like it?
My forum members are a hard bunch to please. :p The fact that it is mostly positive so far says a lot. We opened today itself so maybe in a week we will have a clearer picture. There is no disputing the usability of XF though.

BTW I was inspired by your migration splash banner of the broken house and truck. But then I was too lazy to make one for myself. :sleep:

I think the best people to ask about the search add-on would be Deebs, Jake slavik or Digitalpoint. They seem to have really had more time with it than most and I find they are always finding ways to enhance it further in it's efficiency. Worth posting a thread about it.

As for the migration to Xf, excellent move and nice active forum you have. Excellent job. (y)
Thanks Shelley, we are using your superb extended smiley pack. Really love the details. Hope the big board owners can put in their opinion on the search.

In fact we used to be better off till we moved to IPB a year ago, regretted the move and moved back to VB. This hit us by 25-30% decline in activity I think.

Welcome along. Your forum looks really good, clear and easy to read and FAST too :)

I loved your post in your forum:

We are planning an upgrade of the VB forum software.

Upgrade - you can say that again - lol ;)

Cool design making the category bars same colour as background - really clever yet so simple.

I did find this heading on the Xentrader page hard to see not enough contrast "Latest Feedback"

Are you using xenporta for your homepage?

Welcome to XF.

Cool design making the category bars same colour as background - really clever yet so simple.

I did find this heading on the Xentrader page hard to see not enough contrast "Latest Feedback"

Are you using xenporta for your homepage?

Welcome to XF.
Thanks lot. The skin is Baisik from xenfocus with minor modifications.

Seems like a missing CSS as it should be same as other two boxes. Thanks for pointing out.

Nope we are using wordpress. With all the commotion in the forum portal market for all platforms, we wanted it to be platform agnostic if we ever had to switch forum software.

Congratulations Renegade, I really like this theme, looks clean and useful.
Thanks, I like it too. Focuses on the content. However some members find it a bit glaring on the eyes. So am on a lookout for a slightly muted theme.
Congratulations on your move :)
Thanks for your XenTrader mod.
Good move ;)
Thank you. I think I might just go with Moha myself as an additional theme. Will have to alter the background color of the thread view though.

Top Bottom