We have just switched our Manchester United website to xenforo

mrb1972

After many months of work we have finally switched our Manchester United Website over of XF, even if you hate man utd/football please take a quick look ;) its not a perfect design by any means but has some cool custom ad-ons

Old version:
Wordpress/VB4+VBSEO

Here is what we did -
New Version:
Switched wordpress blogs to the LNblog add-on
Homepage is powered by Xenporta
Custom xenporta block to show Featured Blogs and pull attachment image to show on homepage
Custom xenporta blocks to show Recent Blogs and pull attachment image to show thumbnails on homepage
Custom add-on to create rss feed from latest blogs - see here

Custom add-on we are most proud of is the player/match system
Squad - Integrated player squad system, search function, uses the same popup overlay as default forum members for continuity - clicking player name takes you through to a full detail profile with player stats etc

Matches - This shows match results data, clicking match date shows more details on the match

Stats - This shows stats like top scorers etc, biggest wins, losses etc

All this is controlled via the backend in admincp

www.manutdtalk.com

Thanks -

Excellent result - you must be very pleased with the finished site. (y)

I like the use of thread prefixes for match results. Neat. :D

Great site. Nice XenPorta home page.
I find the Tab highlighting too subtle.
At first, I didn't think you had Tab highlighting !
When I look super close, the tab text turns grey.
I think it's too subtle.
IMO.

Squad - Integrated player squad system, search function, uses the same popup overlay as default forum members for continuity - clicking player name takes you through to a full detail profile with player stats etc
awesome squad page !
Adding comments to http://www.manutdtalk.com/index.php?squad/david-de-gea/view might be interesting .... but only if adding a comment made the player's page end up in what's new. Might be a cool way to "talk" about the players ? Over time .... could be awesome for SEO ? Years and years of discussion on a player could be useful.

As for every xenforo site ... I think you need a wiki-like content creation tool (sorry, a good one doesn't exist).

Overall: awesome job !

I saw you had 25 bloggers.
Is there a list of them ?
and what they blog about ?
blog categories ?
can I watch a blog ?

It has to be United realted blogs - as they all get pushed out to newsnow and twitter etc
All those features you mentioned would be nice but are not part of current LNblog add-on - I may suggest some of those to the author

awesome squad page !
Adding comments to http://www.manutdtalk.com/index.php?squad/david-de-gea/view might be interesting .... but only if adding a comment made the player's page end up in what's new. Might be a cool way to "talk" about the players ? Over time .... could be awesome for SEO ? Years and years of discussion on a player could be useful.

Some interesting ideas you have thought of, we already have player threads for player discussion but I wonder if there is a way of blending the two somehow - something to think about

ooooh I like this style. Nice node icons btw looking very nice (y)

I'd suggest changing the navigation trigger icon on the right hand side (inside the breadcrumb container) to a dark grey/grey colour rather than the red. I think it'll look a lot cleaner and keep the breadcrumb consistent in colour.

I'd also change the colour of the .footer .pageContent background-colour to a light colour, maybe white same with the container underneath that or perhaps remove the border background of that and change the links to a light colour again perhaps white.

Otherwise nice looking style, clean. Nice work. :)

Top Bottom