• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[WDF]Signature Limits (enforce requirements for sig creation!)

RickM

WDF Signature Limits allows you to enforce that members of your forum contribute before being allowed to create a signature. The mod lets you enforce a set number of messages, likes or trophy points for the member, or that they must be registered for a given number of days. If the member fails to meet your criteria, they are shown a dynamic, editable error message, showing exactly what they need to be able to create the signature.

The whole point of this mod is to prevent spam bots creating signatures. You know the ones, they register, make a couple of high-keyword posts and smother the signature with links. No more!

Notable Features
  • Complete settings via XenForo AdminCP Options.
  • Ability to create a custom templated error message via the XenForo phrase system.
  • Tiny codebase, meaning its very light on resources.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-13 at 23.27.02.webp
    Screen shot 2011-03-13 at 23.27.02.webp
    35 KB · Views: 107
  • Screen shot 2011-03-13 at 23.28.35.webp
    Screen shot 2011-03-13 at 23.28.35.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen shot 2011-03-13 at 23.45.44.webp
    Screen shot 2011-03-13 at 23.45.44.webp
    32 KB · Views: 87
  • WDF Signature Limits.zip
    WDF Signature Limits.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 70
Awesome RickM!

A suggestion, when a user gets a error make it so the message describes the exact issue or multiple issues depending on the criteria?

Example: The user has 3 Trophy Points and the setting is, Required Trophy Points 5.
Error Message: Sorry you need at least 5 Trophy Points to display a signature.

Above example assumes the user has met the other settings.

Great Job RickM! ;)

Hey guys, I sent this to RickM in a PC and he thought I should share it here. Just some styling for the error messages using the importantMessage class.

Here is the outcome and code for the phrase "wdfSigError".

nozczt.png

Code:
<div class="importantMessage">
    <div style="text-align:left">
        <h1>You are not yet allowed to create a signature.</h1>
        <p>We require all members to make a contribution to our community before being allowed to post signatures. This is to prevent people abusing our website by registering to get free links to their website.</p>
        <p><h2>To post a signature, we require the following:</p></h2>
            <ul>
                <li><b>{requiredPosts}</b> Useful Message(s)</li>
                <li><b>{requiredPoints}</b> Trophy Point(s)</li>
                <li><b>{requiredLikes}</b> Liked Post(s)</li>
                <li>Be a member for more than <b>{requiredDays}</b> day(s)</li>
            </ul>
        <p>Once this criteria has been met you will be allowed to create a signature, however please read the forum rules for specifics on what signatures may contain.</p>
        <p align="center">WDF Signature Limits by <a href="http://www.webdesignforums.net">Web Design Forums</a></p>
    </div>
</div>

Hi guys,

Sorry I've not been around to answer this. The truth is, I dont know. I've not got a copy of XenForo running at the moment.

The only suggestion I have is to try it, and if you run into any problems, post them here and I'll do my best to assist.

(p.s LOVE the avatar Agent... "Its a baaah...its a baaah....its a...small, off duty Czechoslovakian traffic warden!") :p

Top Bottom