• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MG 1.1 Watermarking image issue...

#1
The image uploaded for the watermark is 72px high x 150px wide. Not sure that will be the final size, but at this point we are simply trying to get it working correctly for that particular image.

Here is the watermark image... upload_2017-4-15_11-1-47.png

Is there a particular setting to get the watermark to be the actual size of what is uploaded and not be degraded or cutoff?

When setting the Watermark Dimensions (percentage of uploaded image) to 15 x 15 I get this...

upload_2017-4-15_10-59-1.png

If I bump the setting up to 20 x 20 I can see the full watermark image, but it's degraded in quality ... and larger than the orginal.

Here is 20 x 20... upload_2017-4-15_11-22-25.png

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks!
 

Attachments

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#5
I assumed the question was answered already?

Have you adjusted the watermark margins? That would be how you would fine tune the position of the watermark.
 
#6
I haven't asked anything about the position of the watermark. Perhaps you misread my issue?

Our issue is the incorrect sizing of the watermark.

Are you suggesting that if I shrink the size in relation to the image that I need to increase the margins?

Xenforo is new to us... so being vague won't help, if you know what I mean.
 

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#7
Well, it looks to me like the watermark is getting cut off, so that could be an issue with the position.

That said, I've just tested it myself with all options set to default with your watermark and I can't reproduce the issue.

upload_2017-4-16_23-49-25.png
 
#8
That's way too big... much larger than what we uploaded. I can get that same thing when set to default... the problem is trying to get the watermark to be the same size as uploaded, which is considerably smaller. When I try to reduce it, it gets cut off the picture.
 
#9
Okay... so I just realized we were not on the current version of Media Gallery, which I downloaded and installed.

Now it works fine! Sorry... somehow I missed the update notification. I did subscribe to the Announcements forum so I don't miss them. What actually gave it away was installing ACPE a few minutes ago, which told me there was an update available.