MG 2.0 Watermark size and quality

rfc0001

The same watermark used in XF 1.5 appears much larger on most photos in XF 2.0, taking up a larger amount of the photo. Also, the quality of the watermark is very bad, e.g. a watermark containing words is wavy and blurry. In 1.5. it had sharp lines.

Could you upload an example to this post comparing what a watermarked image looks like in XF2 compared to XF1?
I would except I rewatermarked all my images, so no longer have any the XF1.5 examples. They are noticeably larger and lower quality in XF2. So much so I disabled them across the board.

ETA: I think I may have saved 1 or 2 of them from XF 1.5. Let me dig those up and regenerate them in XF 2.

With MG 2.2 it seems to have a fixed size and you cannot define it wether by settings nor by size of the uploaded image.
So if the uploaded image is too small it looks blurred bcs its just enlarged without changing resolution.
If you want a clear sharp watermark i recommend to upload a png file with at least 500px width.

And btw. @Chris D where in which template could i change that preset size for the watermarks ? It's far too big ! Thx.

Top Bottom