Watermark Recommendations Needed

motowebmaster

I have a flattened/simplified version of my site's logo built in illustrator at the same time the enhanced version was created several years ago. I'd like to use it as a white watermark some degree of opacity, not too intense but noticeable, that is positioned in the lower-right corner of every full-size image. Already utilize ImageMagick with the PECL extension installed as the standard attachments setting.

My plan is to simply enable it, do a couple tests, and leave it for a week and let it add to just the new images uploaded by users. Then go back and re-process the images if everything looks good.

Any suggestions on watermark image size, resolution, image type would be appreciated. Also, what opacity setting in XFMG (50 or something different).

About half the resolution of your max image size, PNG and opacity about 60 usually looks good.

Depending how complex the logo is, it can really help it to stand out if it is all white, with a black outline, though that isn't essential.

Aside from that, trial and error is definitely a good idea.

How does this look:

full

So if I set the Bypass watermark permission to Not Set (No) watermarks would be automatically added?

Top Bottom