Fixed Watched forum other permissions than forumlist?

ge66

I have tested an import from vb3.8 a staff forum that has two visible forums under it and 8 other hidden from all forums (imported permissions)

If I or a moderator click on the link Watch Forum and then goes to Watched Forums we can see 10 subforums. If we go to the actual forum we only see 2 subforums.

Can they view the forums in question? How are the other forums hidden?

There is a change on the watched forum page that relates to notes that aren't set to be displayed in the list -- they will still be displayed on the watch forums page. This was a trade off for another issue.

I see now that of the 8 hidden, seen under watched, 6 are linkforums and two are categoryforums and they seemes to work.
In vb the forums where set to not be active and to not be open.

I will try to see how the import has translated that in xenforo.
This no big problem for me, but maybe it could be for someone else.

There seemes to be no special permission for the 8 subnodes.
Display in the node list is not checked on the 8 thats probably why the dont show up, other places than Watched Forum.
The Staff forum above them have Private node checked.
And moderators have permission among others to view node.

So this is a side effect from the fix for the bug here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hidden-watched-forums-shows-contains-no-messages.69127/

I've applied a partial workaround that filters out forums not being displayed in the node list unless you're actively watching them. This does create an issue with last post info if you watch a forum that is a child of a forum that isn't listed (and you're not watching that forum), but that's a serious edge case.

So what you're reporting should be sorted now at least.

Top Bottom