Watch/un-watch thread JS error. Completely stumped.

TrevC

I'm hoping someone here who's more knowledgeable with Xenforo JS can point me in the right direction. I can't figure out what's causing this error after trying to watch or un-watch a thread:
Code:
TypeError: this.$form.parents(".xenOverlay").data("overlay") is undefined
That's from Firebug, Chrome's console shows:
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getTrigger' of undefined

The ajax indicator then remains visible, and the watch/unwatch button text does not toggle.

I can reproduce this any time I do "Watch thread" then confirm within the dialog overlay. Un-watching a thread triggers the same error.

I'm afraid I've removed something from the templates which the Xenforo JS is referencing, but I have no idea what it could be. I've reverted many of the custom templates to originals for troubleshooting and had no luck.

What could I be missing here? What is that JS looking for and not finding?

Reverting to the completely stock Xenforo theme sorts it out, it works fine. I've gone as far as reverting all my custom templates right down to the page_container and still hit the same error.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks

Oh... by the way...

There's absolutely zero reason to remove the install directory. In fact, for some it has been known to cause issues (I forget what, exactly).

But yeah, it's entirely protected by the authentication system and will only let Super Admins access it.

It is a requirement to remove it on other software because they don't bother putting any other security mechanism in place.

So Trev is running a watch site, and had problems with "watch thread" and no puns as of yet? I am severely disappointed...
I was thinking that :)

Interesting thing just happened...

I changed one setting in style properties (animation speed), and it's totally broken things again. Same javascript error and watch/unwatch doesn't work. Reverting the animation speed change by using the "reset" checkbox has no effect, nothing does. Buggy stuff.

Doing the master restore again.

Master restore had no effect, mystery issues still present.

However, the fix was to replicate my initial error and go from there:
1) Delete the style properties group for overlays, which in turn removes it from the master styles/properties
2) Run the "rebuild master data" option from /install

There's something very strange happening with that overlays property group. I won't so much as load it again :)

Hello,
I had the same problem resolved it By resetting the following
Appearance > Style properties / General > Enable Animations Using Multiplier > Changed it back to have the checkbox checked > with the value 1 as was the case with the original XenForo installation.

Reactions: KiF
Top Bottom