XF 1.4 Warnings Incorrectly Triggering Suspensions

RoyalRumble

Hello.

I'd be most grateful if someone can kindly assist with this problem.

Occasionally/relatively frequently, we're seeing members banned through the warning system when they shouldn't be.

Example.

upload_2015-6-2_15-19-29.webp

This member had 20 active warning points. He received an additional 10 and was banned for "Rule violations".

You'll see below, this should only occur when a member reaches 60 points;

upload_2015-6-2_15-18-42.webp

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

What does his warning points total say? (Left column.) That is what is used to detect actions. We haven't heard of issues where it's been made incorrect by XF before (though we did have a comment in a ticket today that may or may not have been this), so add-ons may be relevant (similarly, if the user was imported from another system).

I could be wrong, but I thought it counted ALL points even on warnings that expired which is why he got banned?

Thanks, but warning points that expire aren't relevant/trigger suspensions.

What does his warning points total say? (Left column.) That is what is used to detect actions. We haven't heard of issues where it's been made incorrect by XF before (though we did have a comment in a ticket today that may or may not have been this), so add-ons may be relevant (similarly, if the user was imported from another system).

Thank you Mike. I didn't log a ticket.

You're correct regarding Warning Points total in the left column, any ideas why it is at 80 (rather than 30)? We imported from vBulletin in February 2014.

upload_2015-6-4_12-34-18.webp

It sounds to me like the points were incorrect prior to the import (it is imported as is). He should only have 30 points now, if I'm correct, which presumably means that he had 50 when he was imported (incorrectly). That would be the fundamental problem.

We haven't had any reports of points being incorrect within XF itself, so there's no way to edit them within the UI. They need to be changed directly in the DB (which won't trigger removal of any behaviors).

Top Bottom