XF 1.2 WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider raising it

Nentify

Hey,

I'm getting the error below, and can't seem to fix it

[07-Feb-2014 16:30:36] WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider raising it

This occurs when I use the rule:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^tekkify.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://forums.tekkify.com/$1 [R=301,L]

or something similar in my .htaccess on my old VPS site to redirect to my new site at forums.tekkify.com. However, when I add the re-direct and try to access the site, php5-fpm craps out and gives me the error above. I've tried increasing the pm.max_children value, but got a similar error with the first five getting:

[07-Feb-2014 19:02:40] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 8 total children

If you need anymore information, let me know. Would really like to get this fixed.

To make it clear:
  • The new site (forums.tekkify.com) works 100% fine without the apache redirect from the old site (tekkify.com)
  • The new site stops working completely, doesn't even load 1 page when the redirect is active from the old site.
  • The new site runs on nginx
  • The old site runs on apache, if these two pieces of information have any impact. Didn't think they would though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom